G-Force Crossmember Clearence Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Can you see it just below the big letter 'G' cast into the case?
It's a thin metal tube about 2" long...

3360818104_8e068c9007.jpg

KCEE442

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ohh, thats waht that is, lol
when i took the trans down i had no idea,, ill ck it
but i think im going to drop the trans this weekend and replace the front nad real seal.

Oldman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2012
Hi folks, newbie here.
I'd like to chime in about the crossmember fittment problem. My ride is an 85 Salon, a low milage rustbelt ride. 60,000 + miles. Its been about 7 years with the drive and build collecting parts along the way. I'm doing a BBC build cause thats what my budget allowed. Anyhoot. I'm starting the driveline swap - the 307 7A engine and metric 200 is out and the other night I slid underneath and to my dismay my test fit of my th400 G-Force Xmember was hitting the driverside floor. Thankfully I found this forum. Which gave me lots of insight on this topic in this thread. My floors are in great shape and I didnt want to start bashing it up so I was planning on doing a body cushion change. After work tonight I slid under again and took a real close look at the bushings to find they're all in great shape... So after further inspection i found that the unused mount for my original trans (the one I'm gonna use for the th400) was bent up. Seems at sometime in the 27 years this car has been around someone had tried to jack the car from that location. Well - that was my problem. with a little pursuasion I bent it back down and my Xmember went right in. Super easy! Thak you everybody for the options that were provided. When I figure out how to post some pics - I'll do so.... P.S. if anyone ever says they dont get butterflies when they break in a newly built engine - they're fibbing. Watch my youtube video and laugh. Look for "my 468 big block" ... On Youtube I'm FreakOlds. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor