Gas prices are weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
The thing that has killed wide adaption of ethanol is flex fuel. Instead of building an ethanol only 13:1 2 liter turbo for a mid size SUV they built flex fuel 5.0 liter NA mid size SUV's and you got all the negatives of lower fuel economy with none of the benefits of higher octane and being able to downsize the engine for less losses.
I've been saying this for years..... optimize the engine for ethanol (compression/forced induction) and you get better mileage than its gas counterpart.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
....but actual life is happening beyond the forum, too. Balanced conversations are possible.
Every msg board that I am on that contains a political free-for-all section is a complete $hit show. I'm thankful that I can hang out here and avoid all of that drama.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Well, it's not exactly a secret that the Democratic party largely pushes alternative fuels and is anti-fossil. Like it or not- it's a fact. Hence, fears of rising gas prices......

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
....but actual life is happening beyond the forum, too. Balanced conversations are possible.
I agree 100% Bruce, but it seems almost impossible to find instances of this occurring in my experience.

Around here?? Yeah right!
Good one...
🤣
I don't believe that it's here only D, I spend a fair amount of reading time on YB and OMC is all I can say - DO NOT go into their political corner sub forum - there are people there ready to kill each other and threatening to do so - it's absolute insanity!!

Every msg board that I am on that contains a political free-for-all section is a complete $hit show. I'm thankful that I can hang out here and avoid all of that drama.
AMEN brother!

It sucks that 'no politics' deters some members, but I'm firm that it makes this a better place AFAIC!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I've been saying this for years..... optimize the engine for ethanol (compression/forced induction) and you get better mileage than its gas counterpart.
I would think a high ethanol content would help the carboning issues with new GDI engines as well. Maybe make a specific low volume compact car just for the ethanol only engine, kind of like what Toyota did with the Mirai and it's hydrogen engine.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor