Getting OCD with fuel line, go AN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm using benders but the radius is bigger tha I want & I havent found anything yet to make tighter 90's to make it look cleaner than what I'm getting. I have thought about just using AN hardline adapters and/or flares to use the 90's for the bends on the straight lines. Don't know why (it's the OCD) but I want tight and clean looking with more than needed attention to details.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
using AN hardline adapters and/or flares to use the 90's for the bends on the straight lines.
I think you'll end up with more fittings than line doing that.
As far as hard line to AN- I like the tube adapters that have a compression sleeve to the AN fitting.
Brands of fittings: I have broken the house junk that Scummit and Yeg's sell just by (over)tightening them. They shear at the thin section, so I tend to stick to name-brand fittings. I've had success with Earl's, Fragola, and Aeroquip. EDIT: oh, and Russel, too (couldn't think of it)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the reason I went with the sleeve instead of the compression fitting is the sleeve is reusable and easy to install. It's a Russell product and recommended to me by a speed shop who uses the same product on customers cars...

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have Chinese fitting kits and name brand fittings all over my cars - never an issue. Amazon and eBay kits are a good deal. Most of Vibrant's stuff comes out of China.

• Agree

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It's good to be anal - if your looking to do it cheaply (economically sound better) just get the right bender for your size.

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Sometimes I wish I had that. My stuff would be a little cleaner looking. I am a " that will work send it" guy. Then again I like driving my stuff as much as I like building it

Reactions: 2 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Can't go wrong with AN fittings. I have used quite a few different brands and never had issues except for some cheap ones I got off eBay. Most of the fittings, if not all of them in the Aerocoupe are Summit brand. The high pressure system I have for my power steering and hydroboost is Russell though.

The big thing to remember is the seal is at the flare, if it's leaking its more than likely a burr or debris on the flare instead of a loose fitting.

And I would HIGHLY recommend going with the PTFE style line and fittings. More expensive, but easier to assemble and last a lot longer than the regular rubber lined junk.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Stopped at the local race car shop to see what they had. No PTFE hoses, surpising they had a limited selection of fittings. But they carry Aeroquip. So I'll have to order everthing.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here's another question to bring up & it deals with Earl's PTFE hoses. Per one of their videos on their site the recommend using carbon lined hoses for fuel lines to eliminate static charge on the line (better/safer grounding.) As I'm putting my shopping list together (between Earl's, Summit's & Jegs own product lines) I am making sure I get the best of what I need for what I'll be spending on a simple pump/carb line & see who went with what Earl's suggested. So would it be worth while for the Earl's carbon lined braided hose or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor