Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Gee, kinda sounds like you moved to California, almost, in an eerie sort of way ....

(Ghoulish creature reaches out from the murky depths, extending a bony claw, rasping faintly, "Welcome.")

Gee, kinda sounds like you moved to California, almost, in an eerie sort of way ....

(Ghoulish creature reaches out from the murky depths, extending a bony claw, rasping faintly, "Welcome.")

That's one interpretation. Tint and noise laws are pretty benign compared to this crap:

Worst I have seen are a few speed cameras in the city (school zones mostly).

At this point I am half tempted to keep the cars registered in Ontario. LOL.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Got the argon and then stopped by a local performance shop that does vehicle inspections. This may turn out to be the kryptonite to my big relocation adventure. And it has nothing to do with the cars being inherently unsafe - it has everything to do with the inspection including an exhaust decibel reading. With a threshold of 96dB.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

This is not going to go well for the wagon, TBSS, and maybe Natasha's Camaro. They test at idle and sweep up to half of the rev range.
Can you cheat by swapping in a refaced tach with a much lower Rev limit and number range on the face?
Oh and I have to strip the tint off the front windows too - because evidently that's illegal here too. This bothers me more than the exhaust to be honest. I am glad I never dropped the money on getting the Hellkitty or Camaro tinted. The Monte Carlo is going to be needing a lot of attention before it gets looked at. In short it needs a cat and a tailpipe, body work, and anything else DOT-related that's been deleted or left incomplete (horn, sun visors, neutral safety switch, etc) - this may be a slow road back.

fun nickelodeon GIF

The TBSS and Colorado are scheduled in next week for inspection. We have 30 days to fix anything that is out of sorts after that.
Then again, is there another shop that's more lenient? Kinda late in the season, but maybe some local show still meets where people know about?
At this point I am half tempted to keep the cars registered in Ontario. LOL.
Is that an option up there, or do they do it like here and base it off where your license/insurance is?

We have registered out of state before though and sought loopholes....

Can you cheat by swapping in a refaced tach with a much lower Rev limit and number range on the face?

Then again, is there another shop that's more lenient? Kinda late in the season, but maybe some local show still meets where people know about?

Is that an option up there, or do they do it like here and base it off where your license/insurance is?

We have registered out of state before though and sought loopholes....

I could probably try monkeying with the tach, but they could just put a timing light on the plug wires to validate.

This shop seems to be the most understanding and communicative of all the ones I have interacted with. They can advocate on the behalf of the client to the province if there isn't anything more that can be done. There are situations where cats, mufflers, tail pipes, etc all in place and it's still over 96dB - a loud engine is a loud engine. They were telling me a stock Viper fails the test. Older cars cannot realistically meet new car emissions or noise standards.

96dB is a very arbitrary target.

I'll just gift the cars to my brother and "store" and "borrow" them indefinitely. This isn't tax evasion or emissions circumvention or safety avoidance.

Reactions: 85442/86buick
Noise laws?! In Saskatchewan?!?!

I never suspected that.

Ditto. It's the liberal/Liberal voter base driving this. Kevins and Karens are everywhere. I am glad we live outside city limits and would only be dealing directly with RCMP.

Because it seems the Saskatoon Police Services are being used to generate revenue with it. And some are power tripping on it. Pretty gross.

And especially bad for any 20-something trying to have a good time.

Being 40+, with a clean record, and not driving a shitbox has the initial "benefit of the doubt" factor. I am thinking of getting Veteran's plates as an added layer of protection.

Ditto. It's the liberal/Liberal voter base driving this. Kevins and Karens are everywhere. I am glad we live outside city limits and would only be dealing directly with RCMP.

Because it seems the Saskatoon Police Services are being used to generate revenue with it. And some are power tripping on it. Pretty gross.

And especially bad for any 20-something trying to have a good time.

Being 40+, with a clean record, and not driving a shitbox has the initial "benefit of the doubt" factor. I am thinking of getting Veteran's plates as an added layer of protection.
This is a stark contrast to that "other" comedy thread that should have just been titled with a photo.
wslr8.jpg

You'll get it all worked out. I'd offer advice if had had any, but this whole inspection thing is foreign to me. We don't even have emissions testing here. As long as the state gets their registration money, they're happy.

I know a few hotrod guys in Manituba that could help but not sure if that helps you.

Noise inspection, that's shocking. Can you register it for farm use? (Lol) 99% of the semi trucks farmers back home send up to Manituba for tri axle and box conversions come back with straight pipes, hot tunes and mud terrain style tires so they can haul 55k lbs of sugar beets through 4" of mud.

I know a few hotrod guys in Manituba that could help but not sure if that helps you.

Noise inspection, that's shocking. Can you register it for farm use? (Lol) 99% of the semi trucks farmers back home send up to Manituba for tri axle and box conversions come back with straight pipes, hot tunes and mud terrain style tires so they can haul 55k lbs of sugar beets through 4" of mud.

If necessary I'll just build some silencers. I have enough leftovers from the Hellkitty's exhaust. 5 to 6 litres can breathe through two 1" diameter tubes, right?

I could put a rev limiter on the wagon and TBSS through their tunes. 😉

If necessary I'll just build some silencers. I have enough leftovers from the Hellkitty's exhaust. 5 to 6 litres can breathe through two 1" diameter tubes, right?

I could put a rev limiter on the wagon and TBSS through their tunes. 😉
Is it yearly or just out of province, one time, inspection?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor