Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

No, not that Dodge.

Thanks to Ontario (quickly becoming California Jr) and the general state of Canada imploding (a dystopian future created by mass psychosis) we are feverishly working on a move West to Saskatchewan - which may be the last bastion of hope for a normal future for our kids. We came to this decision on Saturday morning (following the province's back to school plan released on 3 Aug) and realizing the lack of support for our youngest who is deaf (masks don't work for deaf people who depend on lip reading, have reduced access to sound, and are trying to develop normal speech) from the school boards et al for an exemption - despite our aggressively advocating for her care since even before the plan was announced. Honestly, we should have started this move process sooner.

We've already engaged our real estate agent to list the house (and have a rough plan), and sent a request to our employer for an indefinite remote work plan (seems to be going ahead, and even if it doesn't were pretty much gone regardless), and expect to have most of the key pieces in place in the coming weeks. If you are in the Ottawa area and need parts expect a fire sale - because I'd rather not move it all.

Guess I am going to learn to enjoy hunting, fishing and snowmobiling.

This world is going to sh*t. Time for lots of land, a gun, and some clear lines of sight to the adversary.

I absolutely love that you used this song for this post. Probably their most underrated song.

Reactions: motorheadmike
I see Nick is looking to have an argument about it. well, he hasn't paid! no stuck-up sticky-beaks allowed!

Well, well, well. Nicely played. Straight out of the PC Humor Police training manual. Must have stayed awake during the lectures, hey? Typical tactic. Get there first with the allegation or the accusation and anything said or done by way or denial or rebuttal from the targeted individual is automatic proof of guilt.

Enjoy your "victory" against against humor as a way or means to express a dissenting opinion, Komrade, while you can. I've Never thought for a second that Humor of any kind was exempt from the forces of censorship, not with George Carlin as an example.

Reactions: 86LK
is that like no not drinking after lights out this term?
I don't WTF either one of you is talking about. Please don't explain. Where's Mike? How life in the boonies?

He’s been out mowing for days.
had to finance that move somehow...
01-marijuana-farming.jpg

had to finance that move somehow...
01-marijuana-farming.jpg

Nothing grows that tall out here.

I've been busy organizing the garage. Put the gym back together.

PXL_20211102_205221171.jpg

Emptying boxes and filling cabinets. Unwrapping things. Put the air compressor back together last night.

PXL_20211103_051345040.jpg

Called a bunch of elec-chickens today in hopes of getting some quotes for one or two 240V plugs installed. I have an M tank of Argon waiting for me now too. Should be back up and running again soon.

Waiting to hear back about our insurance options/rates.

And picked up some Liquid Rubber to seal some exposed areas along the foundation of the garage. Who leaves lumber directly on the ground unprotected? Fortunately the weather over the next two days is favourable for applying it.

Picked up a 7.5' Christmas tree today, and the parts for Natasha's Colorado. That's a this weekend thing. The parking brakes, not the tree.

Decorating Christmas Tree GIF

Got the argon and then stopped by a local performance shop that does vehicle inspections. This may turn out to be the kryptonite to my big relocation adventure. And it has nothing to do with the cars being inherently unsafe - it has everything to do with the inspection including an exhaust decibel reading. With a threshold of 96dB.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

This is not going to go well for the wagon, TBSS, and maybe Natasha's Camaro. They test at idle and sweep up to half of the rev range.

Oh and I have to strip the tint off the front windows too - because evidently that's illegal here too. This bothers me more than the exhaust to be honest. I am glad I never dropped the money on getting the Hellkitty or Camaro tinted. The Monte Carlo is going to be needing a lot of attention before it gets looked at. In short it needs a cat and a tailpipe, body work, and anything else DOT-related that's been deleted or left incomplete (horn, sun visors, neutral safety switch, etc) - this may be a slow road back.

fun nickelodeon GIF

The TBSS and Colorado are scheduled in next week for inspection. We have 30 days to fix anything that is out of sorts after that.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor