Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Dropped the TBSS off this afternoon for certification inspection. It passed... mostly. No mechanical issues. Despite having a good alignment it needs front tires because of inside tread wear being at 1/32". The wheel spacers mess everything up (scrub radius?). Big tire life problems. I has a couple of pre-muffler exhaust leaks in the one section of the exhaust I didn't use stainless in. Easy fix. Explains why it was getting progressively louder. Yet it still passed for noise level. Needs the tint removed (duh). And some amber bulbs and reflectors in the headlights. Ironically I just through the stock headlight housings out as part of the move purge. Figures. Plugged washer nozzle. And a dry rotted AC belt. That's about it. I now have 30 days to resolve it.

Rather than dropping coin on replacing otherwise good tires I am looking at getting a set of decent tires for my unloved and unused 17x9.5 Truck Stars - 275/65R17s should work well.

Regardless, the Colorado goes in on Friday. Snow tires went on it today... because winter is arriving right now.

Dropped the TBSS off this afternoon for certification inspection. It passed... mostly. No mechanical issues. Despite having a good alignment it needs front tires because of inside tread wear being at 1/32". The wheel spacers mess everything up (scrub radius?). Big tire life problems. I has a couple of pre-muffler exhaust leaks in the one section of the exhaust I didn't use stainless in. Easy fix. Explains why it was getting progressively louder. Yet it still passed for noise level. Needs the tint removed (duh). And some amber bulbs and reflectors in the headlights. Ironically I just through the stock headlight housings out as part of the move purge. Figures. Plugged washer nozzle. And a dry rotted AC belt. That's about it. I now have 30 days to resolve it.

Rather than dropping coin on replacing otherwise good tires I am looking at getting a set of decent tires for my unloved and unused 17x9.5 Truck Stars - 275/65R17s should work well.

Regardless, the Colorado goes in on Friday. Snow tires went on it today... because winter is arriving right now.
Going to keep you busy enough dealing with all that little stuff. Time to set the kids to removing tint.

On the tires though, if it's down to 1/32" isn't it not long until the belt cord starts to wear through and you get the dreaded wake up to a flat issue? Are the sizes staggered or are you going to swap the fronts and rears to get more life/wear out of it or some such?

Spacers are only part of the scrub equation. Are you on stock wheels still? Killing the inside is more indicative of toe out and/or lots of negative camber. When I calculated my Camaro's scrub eons ago (assuming I got it right) I came out at 1/4" with C5Z wheels and no spacer which was far less than MotoIQ would have me to believe was anywhere near ideal. In my case more spacer more better.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Going to keep you busy enough dealing with all that little stuff. Time to set the kids to removing tint.

On the tires though, if it's down to 1/32" isn't it not long until the belt cord starts to wear through and you get the dreaded wake up to a flat issue? Are the sizes staggered or are you going to swap the fronts and rears to get more life/wear out of it or some such?

Staggered. 275/55r20 front, 305/50r20 rear.

I am tracking the risk. I don't feel bad since the tires are as old as my oldest kid. They both got put into service on the same day 8.5 years ago.

Either way it's gonna cost me. This is why having six vehicles is dumb.

Spacers are only part of the scrub equation. Are you on stock wheels still? Killing the inside is more indicative of toe out and/or lots of negative camber. When I calculated my Camaro's scrub eons ago (assuming I got it right) I came out at 1/4" with C5Z wheels and no spacer which was far less than MotoIQ would have me to believe was anywhere near ideal. In my case more spacer more better.

Stock wheels, 1/2" spacer. The alignment checked out. It's an anomaly.

Staggered. 275/55r20 front, 305/50r20 rear.

I am tracking the risk. I don't feel bad since the tires are as old as my oldest kid. They both got put into service on the same day 8.5 years ago.

Either way it's gonna cost me. This is why having six vehicles is dumb.

Stock wheels, 1/2" spacer. The alignment checked out. It's an anomaly.

I don't see that 1/2" wrecking anything either.

• Haha
Reactions: Wraith
Mike, you are very lucky the snow held off till today, must have been waiting till you settled. Usually the middle to end of October is a crap shoot and it quite often stays.

Reactions: motorheadmike
Mike, you are very lucky the snow held off till today, must have been waiting till you settled. Usually the middle to end of October is a crap shoot and it quite often stays.

It's been nicer than most recent Falls in Ottawa. We have only had some freezing drizzle up this way. The snow keeps getting pushed back. Maybe until June at this rate.

But, yes - we've been blessed with the weather and are very grateful.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor