Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

That's one interpretation. Tint and noise laws are pretty benign compared to this crap:

Worst I have seen are a few speed cameras in the city (school zones mostly).

At this point I am half tempted to keep the cars registered in Ontario. LOL.

FML.

And I just got invited out to the "festivities" in Moose Jaw. I am taking up knitting.

This has to be one of the warmest falls on the Prairies I can remember. We got a good covering of snow with a chance of more. I heard it missed up there, I need to drive there Friday. For the new stiffer stunting penalties, the cops are still few and far between on the secondary highway's here. I drove like maniac for a couple of months doing nearly 300 km trips on a very busy secondary highway into our second largest city, I didn't get pulled over once. I have pretty good eye for Cop cars. Being observant pays off.

Reactions: Texas82GP
This has to be one of the warmest falls on the Prairies I can remember. We got a good covering of snow with a chance of more. I heard it missed up there, I need to drive there Friday. For the new stiffer stunting penalties, the cops are still few and far between on the secondary highway's here. I drove like maniac for a couple of months doing nearly 300 km trips on a very busy secondary highway into our second largest city, I didn't get pulled over once. I have pretty good eye for Cop cars. Being observant pays off.

The town I grew up in didn't even have an RCMP detachment. Closest one was 50 km away and probably have responsibility for covering 10,000 sq km with a fairly small number of officers. they would roll through town on a Friday or Saturday evening once every couple weeks for maybe an hour. Even on the 1 or the 11 there weren't that many patrols. Certainly more of a presence in the cities. but out in the rural areas it's pretty sparse

A set of four Hankook iPike 275/65R17s have been ordered for the TBSS - they are 31.6" tall so should look meaty enough on the 9.5" wide wheels. Snow tires just made the most sense. Especially after driving on the highway outside of the city after a decent snow fall earlier today. I used Wheelwiz.ca for the Canadians who care - we'll see if they come through. But, at $228 a tire it was hard to argue. Amber LED marker and turn signal lights (brighter for night driving in the snow) and an AC belt are on the way too.

And another set of wiper blades for the Colorado which decided to eat another one just over a year after they were last replaced and just before it goes in for safety tomorrow. FFS.

---

We got our first dumping of snow overnight and it was wet... and therefore heavy. The snowblower is aging out - it was old when we got it 11+ years ago. I set the rails as long as they'd go and it still picked up some rocks. I am going to need to compact some snow into the driveway before trying it again... or build some pontoons. LMFAO. But, the scenery change is really nice.

Crap, I was hoping it missed you guys. Yeah, heavy and wet for sure. Leaving this morning, heading that way, sounds like a lot of fun Kilometers. Getting keys, the basics today, moving in next week. Hopefully last Winter doesn't repeat itself. You guys got a ton of snow, we got next to nothing.

Crap, I was hoping it missed you guys. Yeah, heavy and wet for sure. Leaving this morning, heading that way, sounds like a lot of fun Kilometers. Getting keys, the basics today, moving in next week. Hopefully last Winter doesn't repeat itself. You guys got a ton of snow, we got next to nothing.

Truthfully, other than the rocks issue, it felt just like any other snowfall in Ontario. I would expect that with the normal temperature drop the snow isn't so consistently awkward out this way.

Also, annual snowfall average here is about half of Ottawa. Y'all are a bunch of whiners. 😉. But, getting my snow shovelling muscles back is getting harder and harder every year.

---

Colorado went in this morning. It needed an alignment, a wiper blade (duh!), and the tint removed (double duh!). Otherwise it is good to go.

The TBSS appears to have a stuck rear brake caliper. I love that it's going to cost me $200+ to get matching red ones from PowerStop now. FFS.

A set of four Hankook iPike 275/65R17s have been ordered for the TBSS - they are 31.6" tall so should look meaty enough on the 9.5" wide wheels. Snow tires just made the most sense. Especially after driving on the highway outside of the city after a decent snow fall earlier today. I used Wheelwiz.ca for the Canadians who care - we'll see if they come through. But, at $228 a tire it was hard to argue. Amber LED marker and turn signal lights (brighter for night driving in the snow) and an AC belt are on the way too.

And another set of wiper blades for the Colorado which decided to eat another one just over a year after they were last replaced and just before it goes in for safety tomorrow. FFS.

---

We got our first dumping of snow overnight and it was wet... and therefore heavy. The snowblower is aging out - it was old when we got it 11+ years ago. I set the rails as long as they'd go and it still picked up some rocks. I am going to need to compact some snow into the driveway before trying it again... or build some pontoons. LMFAO. But, the scenery change is really nice.

You'll always pick up a few rocks here and there. Just the nature of a gravel driveway. But it is always nicer when you have a few light snowfalls first that you don't have to clean to put down a nice compacted base.

Given the size of your property, having to replace a snowblower is a good starting argument towards getting a nice compact tractor. so much nicer than a walk behind and with the mower it's much faster than your typical riding mower. Plus have the loader has been infinitely useful. Even works for yanking motors, putting up building etc.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor