Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

ThanoYou'll always pick up a few rocks here and there. Just the nature of a gravel driveway. But it is always nicer when you have a few light snowfalls first that you don't have to clean to put down a nice compacted base.

Given the size of your property, having to replace a snowblower is a good starting argument towards getting a nice compact tractor. so much nicer than a walk behind and with the mower it's much faster than your typical riding mower. Plus have the loader has been infinitely useful. Even works for yanking motors, putting up building etc.

I've been systematically driving over the snow to squish it into the earth. LOL.

I came in, looked at Natasha and started that conversation - it is all about balance.
Marvel Balance GIF

Or we go full redneck.

redneck GIF

I've been systematically driving over the snow to squish it into the earth. LOL.

I came in, looked at Natasha and started that conversation - it is all about balance.
Marvel Balance GIF

Or we go full redneck.

redneck GIF
There's ways to speed up the conversation:

Maybe the easiest is leave out catalogs for light duty snowplow for her Colorado whi I'm sure she prefers not to be used for that.

With a plow, or a tractor bucket on dirt/gravel, you'd make a bigger mess too. The freeze/thaw cycles on that top couple inches and driving on it is enough to make little piles of gravel you're gonna hit when you try to scrap up the snow.

They do make wide snowblowers to front mount on a compact utility tractor. Might be a nice compromise all around to step up in equipment, especially when it comes to mowing in the summers and dragging the driveway/periodically spreading new stone surface.

Before the tractor, in my decades up north, I had a beast of an ariens unit, it cut a 36" path and had a housing height of 24" for deep snows. It was also rated to throw it a ridiculous distance. Yes, we picked up some rocks with it, but seldom broke shear pins no matter what I threw at it, even heavy wet snow with some slush at the bottom.

Took a look at the holes in the TBSS' exhaust today while checking the caliper. I must say it is pretty much FUBAR (in red). At least the section I made out aluminized (shown in green). To be fair it lasted a decade.

Screenshot_20211112-174238.png

It's not exactly in an un-awkward position. Only now it is all rusty and gross.

Screenshot_20211112-174554.png

Also set up and tested the TIG on 110V - it should work fine for this job.

PXL_20211112_233733551.jpg

This is a tomorrow job.

---

In other news our Starlink is on its way!

Took a look at the holes in the TBSS' exhaust today while checking the caliper. I must say it is pretty much FUBAR (in red). At least the section I made out aluminized (shown in green). To be fair it lasted a decade.

View attachment 186924

It's not exactly in an un-awkward position. Only now it is all rusty and gross.

View attachment 186925

Also set up and tested the TIG on 110V - it should work fine for this job.

O

This is a tomorrow job.

---

In other news our Starlink is on its way!
Not sure if you knew, but, people who logged into the website and used the now-more-visible mapping tool to move the pinpoint from their yard to exactly where it would be mounted lost their queue and bounced back to new reservation priority as of that time.

Supposedly the way starlink works it doesn't case if you're off a couple thousand feet. You can read about the priority loss problem, just don't become part of it....

Not sure if you knew, but, people who logged into the website and used the now-more-visible mapping tool to move the pinpoint from their yard to exactly where it would be mounted lost their queue and bounced back to new reservation priority as of that time.

Supposedly the way starlink works it doesn't case if you're off a couple thousand feet. You can read about the priority loss problem, just don't become part of it....

Thanks, I just told Natasha. Around here I just "lay pipe" and "cut cable".

As I understand it installing this is:

• Haha
Reactions: Texas82GP

As amusing as the idea for the sitcom spinoff promised it might be at the time, I never watched any episodes. That's a reminder I may need to do that, think it had one season right

Reactions: motorheadmike

Me and some coworkers were chatting with this particular female at a watering hole one night. She was a peculiar one. Have you ever heard of a female pipe fitter? That seemed a long shot on us. Until the next day when we read between the lines and figured out what she was getting at.

Here's an unexpected development. Found this in our driveway drain:

PXL_20211115_202926123.jpg

No, I didn't keep it. Mostly because I couldn't get the grate off.

kind of cold weather up there for them to be out and about isn't it?

I don't even know WTF it is. One thing is for sure... it was moving damn slow.

PXL_20211115_195654989.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Texas82GP

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor