Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Here's an unexpected development. Found this in our driveway drain:

View attachment 187161

No, I didn't keep it. Mostly because I couldn't get the grate off.
Ever see jurassic park? There's a reason you got the deal you did on the house. They cleared out the biggest, but, apparently they missed some nests in the pipes.

Thanks for finding that... and helping me learn killing it with fire is ill-advised. Because legal reasons.
Tannerite... because distance.

Oh ya, don't do it if your septic tank vent is froze, had a friend do that, it caused a mess in the house.

I don't even know WTF it is. One thing is for sure... it was moving damn slow.

View attachment 187167
from that herpeton webpage:

Individuals overwinter underground below the frost line in burrows they excavate or in mammal burrows.
After the breeding season, adults spend most of their time in underground burrows and cavities, making them difficult to find during the summer and fall. Tiger Salamanders are opportunistic predators and eat a wide variety of insects, spiders, worms and other terrestrial invertebrates, as well as small vertebrates such as mice.

hmmm, maybe you can train them to keep the local rodent population down?

Reactions: motorheadmike
from that herpeton webpage:

Individuals overwinter underground below the frost line in burrows they excavate or in mammal burrows.
After the breeding season, adults spend most of their time in underground burrows and cavities, making them difficult to find during the summer and fall. Tiger Salamanders are opportunistic predators and eat a wide variety of insects, spiders, worms and other terrestrial invertebrates, as well as small vertebrates such as mice.

hmmm, maybe you can train them to keep the local rodent population down?

Ironically I just found some meece footprints around the house. Not a surprise here or at our previous home given we live in the country.

The cats help.

Traps finish the job.

But, saying you have a Tiger Salamander on retainer is a strange, but powerful flex.

Finally got the last of the toys inside. Credit to Natasha for diligently working at getting enough boxes into the house and emptied.

PXL_20211117_205434711.jpg

This is a big deal as the temperature is set to plummet overnight starting this week. For the first time ever... I got the block heater going on Natasha's truck today too.

Squeegeeing the floor after the thaw was a treat.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor