Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Mn., home state to Bemidji, aka Brrrr-midji Iron Range in the summer, Icicle Range in the winter. Which is why the state University has a campus there. Mascot is the Beaver, a furry little face hugger that supplies its own toothpicks. Land of Ten Thousand Lakes, except that apparently the official count is actually higher. Guess the expression looked better and took less space on a license plate frame.

All teasing aside, it is a pretty piece of property. Just wish Jesse Ventura had managed to get that expressway from Two Harbors North to ?? built. US 61 beyond T-H is mostly two lane with a few passing zones so that anyone who actually wants to get somewhere has an opportunity to blow off the tourists in their trailer-towing priuses.

In all fairness they have done some serious rehab work to that road to straighten it out but the whole route is infested with parks and National Forests and Camping/Touristy stuff and every time someone suggests better roads and higher speed limits the tree huggers go apeshit. Good for the gorillas, not so much for everyone else.

Nick

And somewhere out on the plains of Saskatchewan there is an owl going hungry because you stole his mouse. Shame on you.

Nick

Guess he should been a little more diligent in the days leading to that mouse's demise.

Reactions: Northernregal
Met with the third elec-chicken again today. He wants to run a sub-panel to the work area on 1 AWG to a 70A breaker and then go with 3 circuits (2 x 30A and 1 x 50A). As long as the cost is inline with the other quotes I believe we are going this route. I want this in place for Christmas leave.

Additionally, for some bizarre reason this house didn't have a key ring/chain hook and it was getting annoying. So, I took the liberty to build one from some scraps. The TIG makes this kind of fabrication really pleasant as it is so clean and precise. Got to use up some more of my 20 year old gun metal grey wheel paint. It was the style at the time... but just so happens to match many of the accents in the house.

PXL_20211204_192133233.jpg

Natasha was happy... even if I deliberately made it visually awkward to mess with her sensibilities.

• Agree
Reactions: 85442/86buick
So have the sharp end point to the door to clue in folks as to which way is out.

Gotta agree with Copperhead #3 about the sub box. That route was the one I took when I had my electrician wire my shop. Forced me to bury a honking big Teck 90 armoured and water proof cable in the back yard; trench for that was between 27 and 30 inches deep. Code say 27 but I added 3 so that it would be 27 to the top of the cable when measured from ground height and from below the sod layer. The connection running into the house main box is ugly because that cable does not lend itself to tight and pretty curves but it did get situated and I added a couple of chock blocks underneath it in a spot or two to give it secure points of attachment to the back board.

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: motorheadmike

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor