Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Boost weather is here. A Siberian something or 'nother is here for the foreseeable future.

Screenshot_20211226-214948.png

It's parka time.

I cannot begin to express how much of a PITA my snowblower was to get sorted out today. First order of business was to build some skis to help keep it from digging into the driveway and slinging rocks. Then I had to fix some wallowed out parts for the auger tensioner. TIG makes easy work of precision repairs.

PXL_20211227_041021272.jpg

After I got it all back together with fresh belts - it decided it didn't like one. And spat it off. Over and over. Cold, dirty fingers aren't fun. Back into the garage we go. Turns out the crank pulley had walked it's out of alignment over the years. Easy fix.

Back out into the elements. It's running like crap with the choke full open. Note the density altitude above. Close it up a bit and it's rocking along nicely. Might need a carb adjustment, eh?

Get a couple of minutes of decent runtime. And the auger stops. Return spring snapped clean off. Walk to the garage with the broken part, dig into my spare bin of springs, pull out one I assume is for a mid-70's Chevette drum kit, modify it and reinstall. Few more minutes later it pops off. Reinstall. Still minus a million degrees with wind and snow. Pops off again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. More mods to the spring and it finally stays on.

But, now I am an icicle from moving in and out of the cold. Putin's pecker this is wild weather.

school clapping GIF

Boost weather is here. A Siberian something or 'nother is here for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 189092

It's parka time.

I cannot begin to express how much of a PITA my snowblower was to get sorted out today. First order of business was to build some skis to help keep it from digging into the driveway and slinging rocks. Then I had to fix some wallowed out parts for the auger tensioner. TIG makes easy work of precision repairs.

View attachment 189093

After I got it all back together with fresh belts - it decided it didn't like one. And spat it off. Over and over. Cold, dirty fingers aren't fun. Back into the garage we go. Turns out the crank pulley had walked it's out of alignment over the years. Easy fix.

Back out into the elements. It's running like crap with the choke full open. Note the density altitude above. Close it up a bit and it's rocking along nicely. Might need a carb adjustment, eh?

Get a couple of minutes of decent runtime. And the auger stops. Return spring snapped clean off. Walk to the garage with the broken part, dig into my spare bin of springs, pull out one I assume is for a mid-70's Chevette drum kit, modify it and reinstall. Few more minutes later it pops off. Reinstall. Still minus a million degrees with wind and snow. Pops off again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. More mods to the spring and it finally stays on.

But, now I am an icicle from moving in and out of the cold. Putin's pecker this is wild weather.

school clapping GIF
It's not even cold yet....

Maybe it needs forced induction?

Alberta Clipper, I think we call it down here.

Donner Pass is shut for a while. Same deal down here in the Tropics.

After another couple of hours of snow removal, another broken and then lost return spring, and running out of gas... we made it out the other side. Natasha has a new appreciation for my angst about yesterday and the lack of help provided. Team work is dream work.

Our neighbours are usually done in 5-10 minutes with their real equipment... I was shopping for a skid steer yesterday. I cried and refocused on a shiny new shovel. Good thing I love fitness.

Working Out Richard Simmons GIF

So after warming up she heads out to Costco. But, then I hear a frantic ringing of the doorbell. She's locked out, and pissed. Then she tells me her truck won't crank over. Obviously the battery. I tossed a charger on it. A new battery is likely in her future.

Oh and being locked out? It's because this happened:

PXL_20211227_193947409.MP.jpg

It fell apart internally and filled up with frost and ice. It stuck to my hand when I brought it in. LOL. A few minutes with some hot water, a hair dryer, and a screwdriver it is good as new. Also talk about lazy with the paint all over the damn thing, eh?

Kinda like the old EF Hutton commercial - “we make it the old fashioned way - we EARN it!”

Glad you could enjoy your new post code a little before Winter slammed you. Next year, you’ll have this solved.🖕

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor