GM 3.3L V6 200 CID Performance parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardilaracing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 22, 2016
Hello Friends.

Yesterday I have introduced my self with my 79´Chevrolet Montecarlo from Bogota-Colombia.
My chevy is equipped with the standar 3.3 liter V6 200 CID and I´m looking for some performance parts! I know that this is a very rare engine in USA because it was produced only between 78´and 79 with low performance results.

In Bogota I can find easily 350 blocks taken from silverado trucks, but first I want to upgrade the small V6. Bogota is 2600 MASL and turbocharging the 3.3 liter could be a good oportunity to increase several horses.

Currently I´m reparing my engine and I have some good new parts like comp cams valve springs and other things. Earlier I have done a craft work installing a Megasquirt fuel injection to my MC, and I´m looking for more performance parts such as aluminum heads, headers and some other stuff to gain more horses.

I know Summit offers several performance parts, but for the 3.3 liter is a limited market. Somebody can help my to find other dealers?
Also I want to know which parts from Buick 231 can match my 200 CID 3.3. Im interested to buy the 231 turbo manifold with fuel rail and injectors for My MC. I know there are several differences between V6 buick and V6 chevy but maybe some parts can be assembled.
IMG_20140916_125513_541.jpg

Special thanks to everybody!!

200 ci, AM radio, and a Megasquirt! Now that's really interesting! Where did the intake manifold, injectors and throttle body come from? Did you drill and tap the stock one for the injectors and retrofit a 3.4L throttle body?

• Agree
Reactions: drogg1
Hellos SSN

Well it was a handcraft modification, but I really want to upgrade this with professional perfomance parts. Then intake manifold is the standar and like you said I drilled and fitted 6 Injectors in each hole taken from a Ford F150. The throttle body was borrowed from a BMW 318i. Basic sensors were mounted and the fuel pump was installed inside the tank. Currently I experienced issues with the fuel pump and I have replaced it like 4 times. The tank is not designed for EFi and fuel gets lost in some long turns damaging the pump, so I´m thinking to open the gas tank and design some walls inside to avoid further damages. Also I want to buy GM performance parts such as MPFi intake manifold and other stuff to improve the performance of the 3.3 liter.
Hope I can find easily these parts!

Same things you do to any engine. Find a good machinist to port and polish the cylinder heads, see if you can find an intake to practice on and port match the intake to the cylinder heads, also gasket match the exhaust ports to the manifolds. IF you can weld, try and fab up a set of headers. Some from a Buick 231 rwd should be adaptable. Then get a better rear gear. Just some steeper gears, with that motor I wouldn't go past 3.23 and a posi diff where both wheels do burnouts. Shift kit in the transmission if it's an automatic. Find out the bore and you can order a set of custom pistons to bump up your compression ratio. Or see if you can find some aftermarket ones that will fit. Be weary of things like skirt length and you'd have to balance the bottom end if you were to get new pistons anyway.

Also you could get a gas tank from a Buick Grand National or any gobdy that had fuel injection like with the turbo 3.8 and some N/A 4.3 chevy engined cars.

A fuel tank from a 1987 or 1988 Monte Carlo is set up for EFI, and has baffles, I think.

However, there may be a simpler alternative given shipping parts you. Holley just released a series of 'fuel mats' that go in the tank and act like a sponge, keeping a supply of fuel despite turns and acceleration. Comes in a variety of shapes, so perhaps you can keep your existing fuel tank.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/

Reactions: MrSony
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor