GM 3.3L V6 200 CID Performance parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the old saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement. To the best of my knowledge, the 3.3 V6 is in the same engine family as the 3.8 Chev V6, and the 4.3 Chev V6. Do you have any Astro vans or Blazers in Columbia, that would serve as a donor vehicle for a 4.3 V6 engine swap?
Some of the light duty trucks also had tubular style exhaust manifolds that might help your 3.3 V6 breathe a bit better.
Hope this helps.

Good Day!!

Thank you all everybody for your comments and tips for my MC 79 3.3L ! I´m searching right now according to your suggestion to keep improving my Monte Carlo.

Special thanks to all!

And what clean8485 means by 3.8 chevy, is they had a 229cubic inch V6, and buick had the 231 3.8. Easy difference is buick has the distributor in the front and chevy in the back.

In the Chevy world, believe the 4.3 (262) V6 is 3/4 of a 350, the 3.8 (229) is 3/4 of a 305 V8, and a 3.3 (200) is 3/4 of a 267 V8. The cranks and heads are similar to their parent V8s, minus the provision for the front pair of cylinders. There is a similar zero aftermarket for the 267 V8s as for the 200 V6s...

Keep experimenting, but resist the urge to dump a lot of money into the V6 if you plan to upgrade later. The 87-91 TBI and 92-99 CPI 350s from Chevy or GMC trucks would be a good swap - but you'll need the flexplate from that motor - your TH350 will bolt up to it no problem. The 2WD TPI 350 usually came with a 700-R4 transmission - you can keep the 'highway gears' in your rear axle, as the 700-R4 has a lower ratio 1st gear, then get great mileage in overdrive. You'll need a lockup kit, but I'll turn off the firehose now...

Thanks for the advice SSN. Yeah the big brother of the 200 CID y the 267 that has the same bore and stroke but with 2 more cylinders. Currently I´ve been thinking to upgrade the 200 the best I can. Later I can think about in a LS maybe but soon I´ll keep working in the V6. Im interested to learn a little bit more of the G bodis rear differentials to meet more final speed and the best configurations between transmission and rear axle. Currently my MC has the standar trans, 3 speed TH 350 and it is easy to reach the top of the speedometer that only shows 80Mph. I think I´m going to need more final speed with different gear ratios! Should I start changing rear axle configuration? or looking for a new trans? Maybe TH 200-4R. What do you think? Which improvements I can find just swapping the converter? What about a Tremec manual trans?

Thanks 🙂

Thanks for the advice SSN. Yeah the big brother of the 200 CID y the 267 that has the same bore and stroke but with 2 more cylinders. Currently I´ve been thinking to upgrade the 200 the best I can. Later I can think about in a LS maybe but soon I´ll keep working in the V6. Im interested to learn a little bit more of the G bodis rear differentials to meet more final speed and the best configurations between transmission and rear axle. Currently my MC has the standar trans, 3 speed TH 350 and it is easy to reach the top of the speedometer that only shows 80Mph. I think I´m going to need more final speed with different gear ratios! Should I start changing rear axle configuration? or looking for a new trans? Maybe TH 200-4R. What do you think? Which improvements I can find just swapping the converter? What about a Tremec manual trans?

Thanks 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor