Goodbye. Probably my last post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't quit now. I realize you suffered a few bumps in the road due to incompetent, shoddy mechanics who are only in it for the buck.
Many of us have been where you are in regard to frustration and hopelessness. I say if you can park the car somewhere for the time being until your enthusiasm is revitalized, do it.
You know one day you will be looking for that car...and will be difficult to replace.

If I lived closer, I'd be more than happy to help a fellow enthusiast with their car. What you need is a few guys that are diehard gearheads who are more than willing to get you back in the driver's seat. Don't give up, despite what you've experienced.
As the old adage goes, what don't kill us makes us stronger.

ok heres the deal of your lifetime, you cover my gas, ill come there load your car haul to my house, and fix that thing, you can follow me home so you know where i am, or you can stay here until the car is fixed, shouldnt be all of a weekend, with a few beers,

ihave access to alot of parts, and i have a load of stuff myself, so it shouldnt cost you anything, or at least a minimal ammount, but i wont charge you a penny, i am in bonnyville, hit me up if want the help, i have friday, sat. sun. mon. off work, so let know

and heres another solution, i am tossing a challenge out there, to all the g body freaks like myself, who wants to take a weekend to fix this car an get just snot pukin drunk???? i got a 60 pounder of spiced rum an 2 24s anyone else wanna come help??????

another thought, have you talked to busy bee???? i know him well, the son is running the place now, he decent guy, he wont bend you over, and he resonable, and he knows what he is doing, they have the yard in the flats, and he opened a shop on the 41 out of town talk to him, explain the sh*t you been through, he will help ya out,

CAPERKEV said:
ok heres the deal of your lifetime, you cover my gas, ill come there load your car haul to my house, and fix that thing, you can follow me home so you know where i am, or you can stay here until the car is fixed, shouldnt be all of a weekend, with a few beers,

ihave access to alot of parts, and i have a load of stuff myself, so it shouldnt cost you anything, or at least a minimal ammount, but i wont charge you a penny, i am in bonnyville, hit me up if want the help, i have friday, sat. sun. mon. off work, so let know

Helluvan offer right there.... I wish I were closer to help...

Look around you, bro. Help is out there if you'll reach out and accept it. If a few guys got together, it would be one hell of a party.

I agree....dont quit...just let it rest for a while and think about something else. Frustration can get out of control and cloud your mind sometimes....beleive me, I know. We have all had this feeling to some degree or another, and many have thrown in the towel, sold the car, or abandoned the project. But I often find that the car has more patience than I do, and it will be ready and willing when I am to tackle the next hurdle that comes along. Good luck with your decisions....

CAPERKEV said:
and heres another solution, i am tossing a challenge out there, to all the g body freaks like myself, who wants to take a weekend to fix this car an get just snot pukin drunk???? i got a 60 pounder of spiced rum an 2 24s anyone else wanna come help??????

Man I'd fly into Canada for that...getting wasted while working on homie's car sounds like a cool weekend..as long as someone has some good kind bud around...oops did i say that? :mrgreen:

I never get to drive my car either... I've had it about a year and a half and I've gotten to drive it maybe 10 miles at most. :lol: Don't give up over 15 dollar valve cover gaskets, a valve adjustment, and a 35 dollar power steering pump. You can do that job yourself in a couple hours even if you don't know what you're doing, we can talk you through it. And if that's all that's wrong with the car then it would be a damn shame to see you give up on it...

He hasn't responded since the initial post.......

The key to sanity with a project car is not having to drive it until you can do it at your leisure. It took me a long time to find enough patience to quit rushing things. If you have an alternate car to drive for now, I'd do that and don't let the Malibu become a headache.

Acquire some tools, get familiar with the car and learn how to fix it yourself. If I couldn't fix my own cars I probably wouldn't have one. I've been through too many financial downfalls (kids, divorce, bankruptcy, child support, etc) and didn't let that deter me from one of the few things I'm passionate about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor