Grand National El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

White97

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2012
My first car was an 84 regal t type and i loved the thing to death. Now that im older i really want to start a project that is different from the rest. I want to combine the front clip off of a gn to an elco. I have seen this done once but i cant find any others. I was wondering wat all it would involve to do this other than the front clip and doors "to make the body line match" any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Motor plans are a twin turbo 355 and an overdrive auto

why do you say that its not like i plan on taking the front clip off of a show quality gn or t type i have more respect than that i would just like to combine two cars that i appreciate into one. I didnt post this to piss anybody off just wanted to ask a question

White97 said:
My first car was an 84 regal t type and i loved the thing to death. Now that im older i really want to start a project that is different from the rest. I want to combine the front clip off of a gn to an elco. I have seen this done once but i cant find any others. I was wondering wat all it would involve to do this other than the front clip and doors "to make the body line match" any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Motor plans are a twin turbo 355 and an overdrive auto
sounds interesting and I have seen it done, trying to find the thread...

twin turbo with an overdrive? how much hp/tq and which transmission are you planning on using? a twin turbo 5.3 with a 4l80 (which if built right, will handle around 1200 hp) is a good look. but I have a fully built 700r that will prob not handle over 700hp, after it blows up, which it will, ill be swapping the 4l80 in... gonna try to "take it easy" on the 700r until I have the extra funds to really play with the car (after I get it on the road)...

anyhow, good luck, i will try to find the thread on the el co with the national front on it

Please let me know when you find the thread LSC because I'll read up on a few things. Thanks alot pal. :mrgreen:

havent posted on here in a while, but i posted pictures of this little creation the shop my brother works at did a couple of years ago. no gn/t type drivetrain though, the guy who had it done has gnx clone and t type though. it was created using an el camino and a regal combined with off the shelf parts.

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1321.jpg

Reactions: Andebe
I have a friend nagging me to put the front clip off my parts car on my Camino. The parts car is an 84 Bonneville but I'm not sure about it. Would be an interesting looking vehicle for sure and I would love people wondering what it is. Nothing wrong with doing your own thing though. Have fun!

576188_3344720069677_1619026801_2699340_267228429_n.jpg

White97 said:
why do you say that its not like i plan on taking the front clip off of a show quality gn or t type i have more respect than that i would just like to combine two cars that i appreciate into one. I didnt post this to piss anybody off just wanted to ask a question

lol...I'm not concerned about ruining a GN, hell I'd be the first one to do that. I'm just concerned about the mental health of anyone who would drive an El Camino. I think they should all be gathered up and systematically crushed. Worst idea to ever come out of the auto industry.

I have a theory about El Camino owners - I figure that most people who own them only own them because they just "ended up with them" through some sorta bad luck deal. You know, your weird uncle died and left you one, or maybe you were on a road trip in your regular car and it caught on fire and burned to the ground at a rest stop and an El Camino was the only thing available that you could afford with your *ss-pocket money at the time. sh*t like that. Surely no one would seek out and buy one on purpose - and continue to lust after it for years to come. I just don't think that's ever the case.

Edit: There's a guy on my local craigslist that has a rust-free '69 El Camino with no engine or trans in it for sale for a grand. I have been tempted to buy it and put the 307/200R4 outta my Regal in it and re-sell it. What an abortion that would be...but I just can't stand the thought of it being on my property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor