BUILD THREAD Grand prix LS1 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's it for tonight guys sorry for the post whoring !!

Reactions: Texas82GP
Looking at that hellwig kit for my 70 Monte Carlo, instead of making one again.

Nice progress!

Looking at that hellwig kit for my 70 Monte Carlo, instead of making one again.

Nice progress!

it was kinda complicated according to my chassis guy but once he figured it out the other frame rail went more smoothly lol!

he even added anti-crush tubes to the transmission crossmember bolt holes the pics suck lol
9F03BCD1-24AA-43E4-8DDF-7CCA7F53FD88_zps7ffwxsnv.jpg

91E5E120-348F-4752-A5DC-1F3B021A3F46_zpsk2dlvgwp.jpg

Reactions: Texas82GP
Really nice work on the frame!

body bushings received!
BB4E1829-B5F9-4F05-88C3-67569C581B1E_zpskllkawnl.jpg

Really nice work on the frame!

i intended do all the work myself but came to the realization i can't do it properly... lol! my chassis guy has been doing metric chassis racing and knows literally every trick in the book...

That, sir, is BADASS!!!

Thank you! I'm getting ready to mock the frame soon and make any adjustments and or modifications needed to bolt it onto my Grand Prix.. Once that is done its gonna get media blasted and either painted in decent paint and finally bolted on.. I'm also thinking of media blasting the bottom and either spray some undercoat or rhino line it.. BUT i have a rear wheel tub notch planned as well....

i have it inside my garage for now..
6FC38C4E-2DC5-4703-A179-C4B49E3CBE6A_zpsnt2dhh17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor