Gray Man, Inc.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup. It's kind of a long story but the bullet points are as follows:
-PCM failed.
-Pops ordered a replacement that came with instructions.
-Instructions were followed to the letter.
-I was working out of town and was unable to advise.
-Local shop took the money when they should have tried to talk him out of it. (BTW, there was no CEL.)

Live and learn, I guess. We weighed several options but it'll likely just get a stock rebuild by a local machine shop. I wanted a 383 but it's not my money, I'm just doing the work.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yup. It's kind of a long story but the bullet points are as follows:
-PCM failed.
-Pops ordered a replacement that came with instructions.
-Instructions were followed to the letter.
-I was working out of town and was unable to advise.
-Local shop took the money when they should have tried to talk him out of it. (BTW, there was no CEL.)

Live and learn, I guess. We weighed several options but it'll likely just get a stock rebuild by a local machine shop. I wanted a 383 but it's not my money, I'm just doing the work.
Over-revved on the relearn?

That sucks.

Reactions: 1 user

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Over-revved on the relearn?

That sucks.

If I got this straight a shop did the wrong relearn procedure causing engine damage? Vortec 350 cam retard is simply set with capable diagnostic tool. I recently replaced a engine in a 2014 GrandCherokee 3.6. Relearn required bouncing off rev limiter for 10secs.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Similar. Use scan tool to innitiate. Pin throttle. Let off when prompted by scan tool.
I did this when necessary back in the day, but it ALWAYS made me pucker. Never, ever would I have done this on something with this age and mileage without a very indepth conversation with the customer. He also managed to blow out a freeze plug and break a CTS. Like I said, it's a long story.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
As car as stories go that's a rough one. Makes me appreciate my old junk more where that's not an issue, I guess.

Clean looking truck for the age/mileage though

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
20211104_081317.jpg
20211120_180401.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Medium quality ribeye, "Fettuccini" Alfredo, MIL's pickled okra, wife's peppered fridge pickles, sour dough toast.

Today doesn't suck.
20211120_184336.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor