Gray Man, Inc.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I did a hundred mile shakedown run on the white bike to see how the fresh top-end worked out. It was all asphalt, so just easy 50-60mph twist two-lane. Seems to run just fine -- no smoke or odd noises. Runs just like an XT225 with fat tires under it.
20240320_153901.jpg
20240320_154050.jpg

I'm working for the next 2 weeks straight but hoping I can get the blue bike on the trail soon after. It got a replacement engine and suspension work over the winter. Curious to see how it does on the trail.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Another side project...

My dad just bought this trike from a buddy that quit riding. I guess that's something that happens when you reach a certain age. The plan is to spiff it up and flip it in the late spring, early summer.

It's in pretty decent shape. The rocker boxes seep and the LS airshock leaks air. He's already digging in and getting dirty.

Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It's a niche market but they seem to bring decent money. He bought it pretty right.

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Tell him to graft the back half of a fiero onto it :rofl:

Back home a thousand years ago this dude built a trike out of the front of a proper bike and mated it to a GM 3800 from some throwaway POS fwd car. The best part? The back was covered in 2x something like a damn deck.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I worked with a guy who had one. He would refer to it as it as "his bike", to which I would immediately correct him by quietly interrupting with "not a bike". Then he'd get mad and not talk to me for the rest of the day.

I found it humorous.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Restoration work on the new/old work Venza continues. I replaced the seeping rear axle seals.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm probably going to be putting a transmission in this thing at some point. It's developing a torque converter shudder and does a weird 4-5 flare when cresting hills with the cruise control set. Doesn't do it under regular driving conditions. I'm going to start with a TCM reflash, but I expect to swap transmissions at some point. Luckily, it sees about 90% freeway duty, so I'm hoping that buys time.

I bought a bunch of fluid service and maintenance supplies for the Dodge.

So far all I got done was cleaning the filthy K&N filter.

I cleaned the rest of the junk out of the cab and wiped everything down. It actually cleaned up okay. I was happy to find that under the crappy seat covers, the seats are really nice. The carpet is still pretty gross.

Both taillight assemblies had broken lenses and the headlights were badly fogged, so I replaced them with some of Chynuh's finest.

I also loosened up the front bumper brackets and realigned everything. It was twisted upward touching the bottom of the grille and the fender gap was hideous.

Next time I go to the wrecking yard I'll look for a good air dam. Only a portion of the original one isn't broken off.

Last thing I did was use compressed air to blast the loose clearcoat off the hood. It literally peels off in sheets at highway speeds.

The more I drive this thing, the more I like it. I've got a trip to Moab, then up to Montana in a few weeks. I was planning to tow my blue bike behind the Venza, but might just drive this instead.

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor