Tulsa, OK
I dropped off the Saginaw yesterday.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
This thread is still better than Netflix! Thanks for continuing to share your progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
After I put the four wheels back on the wagon and set it down, it started to roll. I learned a new value of steel-toe boots when working on cars - wheel chocks. Got away with that one because the car had only moved a couple of inches. Might have broken my ankle if I waited a split-second longer. Now, the funny part was - I was working alone - how do I go get a real chock? Unlace the boot and hop over to where the chock is sitting and hop back to the other wheel, shove the car forward and chock it to recover my boot...

Not to make light of your situation, but I echo Liquidh8's observation that we're all grateful that the damage did not extend to your awesome paint body work.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Bar50 is going to come out tomorrow and help me get the Saginaw in the Salon. The first time we installed it, I think it was less than 15 minutes and we went for a test drive. I put up all the tools I had scattered from working on the Monte. I just spent a few hours prepping the Monte to be put in the fenced area. Capped all the open metal lines, power steering, etc. Also sprayed epoxy primer on the bare metal floor areas I repaired. Basically water proofing it since it will be outside.

Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
so, the 55 dash won't be in the monte by the end of the week? lol

in all seriousness, I hope the rest of the work on the Salon goes without a hitch.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I got out the Rolocs and took off the primer and filler on the center of the bumper where it was wrinkled. I'm glad I did. There was a one inch crack where I seamed the two bumpers together. I cut into it and welded it back up. It also cracked at the bottom where the worse part of the crease was. I split it and welded it too. I need to grind the welds and it's ready for filler and primer again. I doubt it fits the same so I need to mock it up. I wiped the car down because it was bad dusty. Hopefully the transmission works good tomorrow. That would really fire me up to get it done by next weekend.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Congratulations Robert! That's great news.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor