HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Last night just before dark, I took my wife on a 5 mile drive. She was impressed on how smooth it was. I had an issue with rolling down the passenger window. It made a horrible sound. I found the felt on one of the window guides was worn down and hard. I removed it and wire wheeled off the glue. I then cut a strip of the soft side of Velcro and stuck it on. No more sound. In total yesterday, 4 five mile drives. We have nice paved 35mph back roads behind our neighborhood. I did get it on the highway for one mile and got up to 65MPH. It has a bad vibration coming from the back. I completely forgot that the tire shop told me that my rims were bent. I had put them on the rear. I have two extra rims so I'm going to break them down, blast, paint, and assemble.

Reactions: 1 user

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Great restomod!!!With all these mishaps on this butless I'd say BARRICADE it in a corner and sell to the highest bidder!!! Then you could put the profit in a frame off build of the double S,elco and maybe have enough to buy my grand naughty or ttype;)

• Optimistic

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Great restomod!!!With all these mishaps on this butless I'd say BARRICADE it in a corner and sell to the highest bidder!!! Then you could put the profit in a frame off build of the double S,elco and maybe have enough to buy my grand naughty or ttype;)
How about I just swap you the Salon and Elco for a Grand National????

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks fantastic, I subscribed to your YouTube channel. Drive it to Carlisle next year!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
sorry don't need another elco as I have three and I really wouldn't like to take apart all your "blood sweat and tears" you've invested in the salon(as I'm a "what gm should have done" builder)this being said my naughtys entire "overrated finnickyness"(3.8/2004r) was traded off for one of my matching numbers standard 68 firebirds(and now powers a sand rail;))I upgraded and am finishing up my 4.8 twin turbo/t56(what gm should have done ;))for the naughty now,with 26k invested in it SO far.got a couple clients(disclosed forum members;)) pro-touring builds to Finnish so I can complete it;)I have a rust free 86 regal with 98,000 mile 5.3/400 if interested?

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
The best example of the this body style I've ever seen!! You may cause the value of them to increase!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Today I re wet sanded the drivers door and quarter panel. I sanded and buffed it fairly quickly after painting it last summer and it has shrank up on me. I re tagged it with 2500 paper and compounded it. I moved onto #2 and a soft pad, then hand rubbed it one direction. Took about 5 hours. I'm glad I taped up all the nooks and crannys because I had compound dust everywhere. I will glaze it all when I finish the passengers side. I need to do the passengers door and quarter, a spot on the header, and the deck lid again. There is nothing better than having a glass like reflection in your panels. It makes my cheap paint look awesome. It has a date with the exhaust shop in the morning. I have a pair of Summit turbo mufflers going on. Going to kick the tail pipes out behind the rear tires

Reactions: 4 users

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Congrats on your amazing progress. Loved the video. I find the car is so gorgeous,that raised white letter tires are almost distracting. Almost not worthy to be the official tire of your build. Lol. Perhaps solicit manufacturers for the official tire of your Salon? Again,amazing...thanks for sharing your work.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor