HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I agree, looks good! Glad you are tackling this before mine, You are doing exactly what I had in mind, for the fillers and under the header. (though mine is a wagon/4door header).

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looking good so far. Nice job on the bumpers. I see that you also had to fill a few areas with metal...I had to do the same with mine. Are you also going to fill the rubber strip holes?
Keep up the good work! :)

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Just put up for the day. I worked all day on that bumper and still not finished. I cut the heads off the carriage bolts and welded them in the bumper. I filled all the impact strip holes and got one piece cut out of old bumper and tacked in on the new one where the park lights go. I got the other corner sectioned and welded on but still have to build the corner fill pieces. The bumper will be completely smooth and when I put on the 442 stripes, I'm going to carry the stripe through the bumpers. I think this will give it a nice finished look. By just eyeballing where the stripe would meet the bumper, it would be just about where the top of the impact strip would have been.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Here's some pieces I cleaned and polished sunday night. I took the radio face off to polish up all the hard to reach areas. The stainless gas cap had a small crease in it so I removed the cover and hammered it out then sanded and polished it. The chrome seat panels are a thorn in my side. I need two nice lowers. I polished all my pieces to get the best ones. The salvage I frequent has 2 Cutlasses with buckets so I'm hopefully gonna get the 2 I need that are nicer than whats here.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Another day on the bumper and still have about 1/2 of tomorrow before finished. Got the center piece fabbed and finished out. I wanted something to meet the center of the header panel. Then I got the rear bumper to do.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I built a cold air inlet plate to connect to my GM flex hose. I'll have to move the snorkel inlet on the air cleaner to the left side. There's less stuff on the left side since the battery is on the right. I used a piece of sheetmetal and bent and cut it to fit. I used factory screws to make it appear stock. The plastic inlet I found at my local pick your part. I think it was from an S-10. When I repaint the core support satin black, I'll paint the plate too. I may put on the RAM AIR emblem beside the inlet duct but unsure. It was on a Pontiac at the salvage. I cut off the V6 that was attached to it. I'm going to hole saw some small holes in the core support in front of my fabbed plate so it gets plenty of air to it.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
One of our local city police officers stopped by today and asked me what year my Malibu was. :lol: He was shocked that it was an Oldsmobile aero with a factory 4 speed. He said that one of his friends had one when they were in school but it was auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor