HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAFROD said:
Bruce Compton said:
I have not seen your Cutlass Salon thread before and want to say your car will be beautiful. The reason I say this that I have the same car running as a Pro bracket race car. Many time people don`t even know what it is. Here is a photo of the car at Portland Raceway in Portland Oregon. 8)
Bruce, its funny you mentioned your from Portland. I was there (Gresham) a couple months ago staying with a friend. At one point I looked to my right and seen a black aero sitting beside a house while he was driving all of us to Olive Garden to eat. Was that your car?

No. I`m from Boise and was at a National open at PIR when that photo was taken.

Got the other dash inserts out and scotchbrited them. Cleaned them with wax and grease remover, sprayed them with SEM light oak, and after drying, brushed on leather brown enamel. I then immediately wadded up a Lowes plastic bag and blotted the brown. I have them sitting in the sun to dry. I'll clear coat them with urethane clear out of my spray gun. All the panels were different grains is why I had to paint them. Its redneck woodgraining. Lol

This is the original car lot emblem that was on the car. Dean Bailey is still in business but not sure if they still sell new Oldsmobiles. Lol. I scotchbrited it and sprayed it with SEM landau black. I then TRIED to use a paint pen but it left it with brush lines. I'll sand the silver and try something else.

Here's all the jack components restored. I actually welded in the studs for the jack to mount in the trunk. It used to take a bumper jack. The jack was never used but had a few scratches. I sanded it and resprayed it satin black. When I redid the tire tool, I painted the green factory paint mark back on. I bought a new jack instructions decal for the newer style jack from OPG.

HAFROD said:
I then immediately wadded up a Lowes plastic bag and blotted the brown. I have them sitting in the sun to dry. I'll clear coat them with urethane clear out of my spray gun. All the panels were different grains is why I had to paint them. Its redneck woodgraining. Lol
No, true Redneck woodgrain would be done with a Wal Mart bag. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor