HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the entire body shell, jambs, and doors sanded and re seam sealed the body. Tomorrow I'll get the fenders sanded and shoot a couple good coats of black urethane primer on. There is a big indoor show in mid February in Tulsa so that will be my goal. Then I've got roughly 5 1/2 months to finish my 55 for the show in Kentucky. Getting out in the garage today was good medicine. Hopefully, I'll post pics of the body in black tomorrow

I've noticed that all the goopy sound deadener squares that cover misc holes in the gutted shell have come loose or fallen out. I found some GT sound deadener mat that's 10 square feet with a roller for $33 on ebay. May dynomat the whole car later down the road but can't afford it right now. If GM had these holes covered they had reason.

HAFROD said:
I've noticed that all the goopy sound deadener squares that cover misc holes in the gutted shell have come loose or fallen out. I found some GT sound deadener mat that's 10 square feet with a roller for $33 on ebay. May dynomat the whole car later down the road but can't afford it right now. If GM had these holes covered they had reason.

Factory pads were dual purpose sound deadener and quasi-seam sealer. Neat car, it will look really good when finished. I like these cars with the factory 14" rallyes and whitewall tires, although the 15" rallyes look good too especially if it is a SS/442/Hurst/2+2/etc or regular model without excessive chrome trim/vinyl tops. I think G-bodies are one of the few bodystyles of older cars that don't particularly look right with any aftermarket mag wheel besides maybe the usual 5-spoke style (Cragar SS).

Looks like some upper 40s on temp next week. I decided to get all the body panels ready and then everything can get painted same day. Got the header panel finished and ready for final primer coat. Got one fender almost ready and ran out of propane. All the body panels have sat outside since 2008. The mounting studs and nuts were pretty crusty. I used my Thread cleaners and they look new again. I had bought a gallon of the Indian Bronze Pearl base coat and have painted the engine and wheels. Was worried I may not have enough paint so I ordered a quart today from Summit. I'll mix it all together so it will match. Glad its not a bigger car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor