HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Started changing out the seat covers on the rear seat. I went and bought a set of new beauty rings and chrome lug nuts today. I stuck on the beauty ring on one of the rims to make sure it fit and that I liked the look. Gonna remove all the triangle trims and buff them. I'll blast the rims but not sure on which color to paint them. Indigo bronze that will be the upper body color or gold that will be the lower stripe color??????

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
you should try some different colors you never know. Body color wheels don't always look the best (not saying they wouldn't look good) but sometimes a random wheel color really makes it pop

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
Nice work!

Jim

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Took my ralley wheels to the tire shop and had them remove the old tires, valve stems, and weights. I then took them to a local sandblaster to blast them. It would probably take me a couple hours to do them with my small blaster. I have brand new raised white letter tires to put on them after I repaint them. It's getting exciting because it's slowly becoming a complete new car again. I can't wait to hear the cam through the Flowmaster.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I'm faced with a dilemma. The only thing left to take the body off is the body mounts and the emergency brake cable. This would tack on a few hundred dollars for paint/prep supplies and a set of new body mounts. I'm just not sure I want to take the extra time and money to do this. The car will be a daily driver and I mean every day in rain or shine. I will show it at outdoor shows every chance I get. At this point, I feel like I'm half @$$ing it by not taking it off the frame. What do you guys think? I can see how easy it would be for me to build my exhaust system without the body.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I don't see any reason to split body from frame unless you need to make repairs to mounts/floors/frame.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I had blasted my battery tray but it had some pitting. I had to reweld on a new nut for the hold down cause the old one was cross threaded. I took the tray to a local spray in bedliner shop that I used to work at and had it sprayed. It should look good for years to come.

Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Don't feel bad about leaving it on the frame...
Unless there's rust problems I don't see any reason to pull the body off.
However now is the best time to swap the body mounts out while everything is easy to get to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor