HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
One of my front park light lens was cracked. Got a sheet of ceiling light lens and a can of Valspar chrome spray paint at Lowes. Used some clear epoxy to bond the new lens on. The ceiling light plastic is not too durable so this will work for now till something else comes along in the future.

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
Nice idea with the lights - have you seen how it looks lit up?

Jim

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good. I have those mirrors for the wagon, but converting to power mirrors. Also a good idea with the packing lights. You have to make due with you you have sometimes. :D

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Got 4 of the 8 seat belt anchors completed. Had a bad moment with the left side sport mirror. I noticed the lens assembly was floppy and there was a little slack in the cables. After examination, I found one cable had come loose from the crimp behind the lens. Also the remote cable is too short to put in the lower door panel. I removed the cable from my original mirror and will reinstall on the sport mirror.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Man, you dare to be different, basically a rear wheel drive Citation. What is the Butless Cutlass weight?

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Finally restored the other tail light assembly. I used Mothers mag and aluminum polish on the lens and chromed plastic bezel. I repainted the inside of the housing with chrome spray paint. I used some foam tape from Lowes for a new lens gasket. I then screwed it back together with new stainless screws that I polished on my buffing wheel. Turned out pretty clean. It's amazing how the original reflective paint just falls off over time. I would bet they are a lot brighter than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor