has anyone used jegs brand transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
so my transmission is toast. it puked all its fluid on on the garage floor. replaced pan ,gasket ,filter and dipstick tube seal.it fixed the leak but now it slipping bad.so i want to go with the jegs brand turbo 350. it says it can handle 400 horse and for 659 dollars it is cheaper to buy that than get mine rebuilt.any way the turbo 350 is what i like and want to stay with dont need over drive . so if anyone can has used or had good or bad luck with the jegs brand ,woul go with tci or b&m but are much more than the jegs brand.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Don't know anyone with a jets trans. But I know a couple people using summitracing th350 and with no issues.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
went to buy one and held off when they told me it has no kickdown provision,they block it off for some reason.is there a reason why ? not a huge deal but thinking of getting a tci now,still cheaper than having mine rebuilt.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
the 400 in my 71 Monte is a TCI that i ordered from Jegs. DAMN good transmission. Have had it 6 years and the only issue i had was when the o-ring on the downshift cable blew out, thats it. Well worth the 800 i spent

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
gwhiz said:
went to buy one and held off when they told me it has no kickdown provision,they block it off for some reason.is there a reason why ? not a huge deal but thinking of getting a tci now,still cheaper than having mine rebuilt.
Most likely for racing. Alot off racers disconnect the linkage to ensure repetative shift times. Instead of winding there engines to the max with the linkage connected between each shift, they disconnect the cable so the shift times are the same most everytime. Just another trick to maintaining constant times and speeds in between each pass. Ive done it.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
my86442 said:
gwhiz said:
Most likely for racing. Alot off racers disconnect the linkage to ensure repetative shift times. Instead of winding there engines to the max with the linkage connected between each shift, they disconnect the cable so the shift times are the same most everytime. Just another trick to maintaining constant times and speeds in between each pass. Ive done it.
they bill it as a steet performance trans .will this be hard on it though running it as a summer driver.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Should be fine especially with a floor shifter. The kick down cable isn't necessary for the TH350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor