Hatch glass latch replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrofenix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys!

The light wallet times seem to be fading slightly, so it is time to get back on my Malibu project. One thing that i've been trying to track down is the tailgate latch for the glass...when I bought the car, someone had broken into it through the rear glass and it apparently damaged the latch - missing pieces, so i am trying to find a replacement.

Anybody know of some cross-shopping I can do at the local pull-yard? S10 blazer or other suv which might have a similar latch mechanism?

slingshot

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2014
Hey guys!

The light wallet times seem to be fading slightly, so it is time to get back on my Malibu project. One thing that i've been trying to track down is the tailgate latch for the glass...when I bought the car, someone had broken into it through the rear glass and it apparently damaged the latch - missing pieces, so i am trying to find a replacement.

Anybody know of some cross-shopping I can do at the local pull-yard? S10 blazer or other suv which might have a similar latch mechanism?
Good luck, finding wagon specific parts is like finding hens teeth. You can start with Desert Car kings 800-905-8024, it is not likely they have the part, but can redirect you to someone who might. There are several salvage yards out west and mid west who might have those latches, but most likely only sold with the glass. Short of that, you can always find a salvage yard hinge, that attaches directly to the glass, and make it work for your wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor