Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got these

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=223094997289

Fortunately, the two bulbs that come with them also fit my motorcycle, so thats where they're going.

I got two 55W 6k HID Kits ($9 ea), low beam only, for the GP.

The lenses showed up first, about a week ago... they're just a hair Deeper than they should be, and its a tight fit, but they go in. If I was worried about it, I would bend some of the metal housing so they sat in the housing a little better.

I went ahead and put the two that came with them (for the motorcycle) in for the time being. Not real happy with the bulbs. They were advertised as 6k, but they're the normal off-white 4300k and Im guessing 35W.. they're brighter than halogens, but not much.. The 55W HID's just showed up today.. I'm sure they will be brighter, and actually 6k so.. I haven't put them in yet, its 15 degrees out..

I will post pics, etc.. when I get them in and adjusted. At $60 for the whole shebang, and having two spares for the motorcycle, I thought that was pretty fair.

-Gonz

Pretty sure pontiacgp implied that he doesn’t have to aim his lamps lower than necessary to prevent blinding.

yes, that is what I meant. With the headlights adjusted to dealer specs I could see much further down the road than I could with the cheap chinese conversion lenses that I had to point down so they would not bother the oncoming traffic. There was one guy in here who posted he thought it was funny that his LED headlights were blinding pedestrians walking along the sidewalk. There is a law in Ontario that you are not permitted to upgrade your headlights and I have one person I know with a 2001 Bonneville that was stopped by the police cause he the HID he had in place of the OEM bulb had no cut off and was blinding other drivers, oncoming and the ones he was following. He thought it was funny until the tow truck showed up to tow his car cause rhe cop would not allow him to continue driving it. I wish cops would haul all the cars off the road with "upgraded" headlights that bother other drivers

I wish cops would haul all the cars off the road with "upgraded" headlights that bother other drivers
I wish we had mandatory daytime running lights here since I see so many idiots driving with no lights on at all because apparently they think if their dash lights are on so are their headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor