Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
New to the forums here, hello!

21 y/o from ontario, canada.

Currently "restoring" a 1980 Buick Regal. (I put restoring in quotes because so far it's been a very slow and painful process, sometimes it doesn't feel like i'm making any progress at all)

Specs? : SB350, on paper it is around 410 BHP.
5 Speed Manual transmission that I pulled out of an old camaro
Posi Trac diff.
(and no heat)

Lookin' forward to being a part of the forums here.

If any of you know of any establishments that sell gbody parts in good condition please let me know, i'm having a very tough time finding the remainder of the trim (chromed trim) pieces on the exterior, like the fender trim and quarter panel trim. And trying to source a fully finished rear bumper, as the previous owner chopped this bumper and never got it re-chromed (I guess because it's so ****** expensive to chrome stuff)

Anywho, good to be here!

View attachment 88271 View attachment 88270
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car! It looks great with the ZQ8 wheels. Watch the parts for sale section on here for you trim. Consider placing a thread in the wanted section for the specific pieces you are looking for. There are several resourceful guys on here that sell parts. Also, if you can get your hands on the parts book or get another member to look up the part numbers for the trim you need, having the part numbers can really help with the online search. You never know what you will find online. Good luck with the search and welcome aboard.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from SW Georgia USA with a Nova Scotia heritage
Nice ride but even I need heat here

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Welcome. Cool car.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome from the East End of Toronto

great looking car , like how you mounted the clutch slave cylinder (not sure ,if that's the right name ? )

Dave

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Welcome, and nice Regal! I owned an '83 Limited back in the day. There's a gentleman that lives near me, in Southampton Ontario. He's been a great help for finding parts. I'll PM his number to you when I find it.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome from northeast of Toronto. Nice looking Regal! As you can already see, there are lots of nice folks and lots of info here. That generation of Regal and Cutlass can be hard to find some parts for, especially here in Ontario. As you probably already know, the mechanical stuff is fairly generic. Your best friends are sites like this, and local ads. You'll need some patience, but sooner or later, you can find what you need. Keep us up to date with your progress.

May 8, 2018
welcome from Bramalea. Ontario is a pretty big place and we have members all over it. Whereabouts are you from specifically ? Way too much greenery to be from the GTA in that picture ;)
Why no heat ? it really sucks leaving someplace at night in the late summer \ early fall and the windsheild gets full of condensation with no way to get it off.

That body style will be tough to find parts for esp in the rust belt of S Ont

I live in Hamilton but took that picture above in Caledonia. There's a nice river there with a road that travels along the edge of it that is great for snapping photos. No heat right now because my heater core has a leak, and I accidentally broke the heater box cover when I was taking it off. (It was still glued in from the factory). So I've got a new heater box cover being shipped to me, have to wait for it to arrive before I can make the heat work.

May 8, 2018
Welcome, and nice Regal! I owned an '83 Limited back in the day. There's a gentleman that lives near me, in Southampton Ontario. He's been a great help for finding parts. I'll PM his number to you when I find it.

That would be great, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor