HELP! my 79 Monte Carlo should be low like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
cool, can't wait to see it done. does your cross member lay on the ground?
i am abou 3/4" from laying it down on it, but trying to get that 3/4", i think my tires are stopping me right now, i still have my front wheel wells in.

regalman4925 said:
i need to update those pages! they are old as hell, there has been so much done to the regal since then. i actually test fit those 20s on the regal and have some alright pictures of it on them. the regal is abou tto get painted from head to toe, 3.42 posi rear with 12" 1le discs, 12 s10 dual piston caliper front brakes and a fresh vortec 350 with forged pistons, roller cam and rockers, tuned port injection and a list of other things. i am trying to get my cutlass on the road this week but dont seem to have had the time to get it finished, i recently bought a house and have spent more time getting house work done and getting the garage and shop areas settled in and cleaned up that i have been searching for the time for the cars. :)

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
as of now i have nothing touching the ground and at this point in time i dont want it to, i have had the horrible of blowing a air line not once but twice! if you lay frame and blow a line or bag....... ouch! that would destroy your car! it scares the hell out of me! when dropped all the way it sits on the factory bump stops, its still drivable that way if i have a blow ougt. i have a set of drop spindles but i just got the s10 12" dual piston drake setup so i have to use those spindles but honestly i like wear it sits right now. i think i am the only person in town (omaha, ne tha 402) right now that has bags on a g body and does not have it on spokes. my style is no longer lowrider cars, no disrespect to them, i like 17-20" wheels on g bodys, air, built v8s, custom every thing to sum it up, lol. i am also a huge car audio/video fan and i have a entire high end eclipse setup including all components. any ways i am babling, i am not really sober at the minute, lol. too many beers gathering around the g bodys, lol!

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
regalman4925 said:
as of now i have nothing touching the ground and at this point in time i dont want it to, i have had the horrible of blowing a air line not once but twice! if you lay frame and blow a line or bag....... ouch! that would destroy your car! it scares the hell out of me! when dropped all the way it sits on the factory bump stops, its still drivable that way if i have a blow ougt. i have a set of drop spindles but i just got the s10 12" dual piston drake setup so i have to use those spindles but honestly i like wear it sits right now. i think i am the only person in town (omaha, ne tha 402) right now that has bags on a g body and does not have it on spokes. my style is no longer lowrider cars, no disrespect to them, i like 17-20" wheels on g bodys, air, built v8s, custom every thing to sum it up, lol. i am also a huge car audio/video fan and i have a entire high end eclipse setup including all components. any ways i am babling, i am not really sober at the minute, lol. too many beers gathering around the g bodys, lol!

l_99acae8c72e08a7c14568f85fd885fea.jpg

l_77c6a4e316477e220ae27d59fccac4b8.jpg

well there is no driving mine now with it down finally got the front done today. i will be able to do 20's i didn't think i would be able to.
i manage a car/home a/v store that sells eclipse.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have had my 20s on mine but the wheel wells were removed and a portion of the metal cut away, i have since bought new fenders and inner fenders so i can put the wheel wells back in. has anybody cam up with a good solution to keeping wheel wells AND tucking 20s?? i like to follow the car shows around in the summer and i plan to drive my regal to shows that are up to 500+ miles away, i need wheel wells! i will stick with the 17 or 18s if thats what it takes to keep them. i am going to try to post some more current pics of my cars tonight, i am at work right now and blocked from pictures. i will say that if you wan tot lay frame with 20s a c-notch is a must. drop spindles are also. 8)

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
i have an 88 Monte SS that im currently trying to bag for the first time. i am still earning the whats and how to's on this kind of stuff since im from a tuner background. this is the stuff i currently have but not installed
dual 480 pack Viair 200 PSI Compressors
1x 8 gallon Hoosier 8 Port Tank
8x Asco 300 PSI 3/8" Valves
1x 175 PSI Pressure Switch
1x 30/40 amp relay for compressor
1x 10 Switch Box - [clear]
2x Viair Dual Needle 220 PSI lighted gauges
50 Feet x 3/8" DOT Air Line
50 Feet x 1/8" DOT Gauge line
4x 7" Slam RE7 200 PSI Airbags
3/8" Complete DOT Alkon Fitting pack
Bolt -in GBODY front bag brackets [offset cups]
Rear Weld On Over Axle Lower Bag Bracket 3"
Rear universal upper cups [cut to my height]

if i put 18x8 Chrome replica IROC wheels on this how low do you think this will end up going without doing any cutting?

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
well i am going to say that you have a hell of a setup going there. depending on your wheel offset up front you may have the typical rubbing issues, the rear will have no issues, mine will take 20s without rubbing. i have 17x8s and i am thinking that i am going to order 2 17x7 standard offset wheels and see if that corrects my wheel well issues

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
here is some very old pics of mine on 17s. its kinda hard to get current pics, the car is literally just a shell off of the frame right now! i dont know how these are going to come out....

4tiw468.jpg

663zt45.jpg

66cu4x3.jpg

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
1988montess said:
i have an 88 Monte SS that im currently trying to bag for the first time. i am still earning the whats and how to's on this kind of stuff since im from a tuner background. this is the stuff i currently have but not installed
dual 480 pack Viair 200 PSI Compressors
1x 8 gallon Hoosier 8 Port Tank
8x Asco 300 PSI 3/8" Valves
1x 175 PSI Pressure Switch
1x 30/40 amp relay for compressor
1x 10 Switch Box - [clear]
2x Viair Dual Needle 220 PSI lighted gauges
50 Feet x 3/8" DOT Air Line
50 Feet x 1/8" DOT Gauge line
4x 7" Slam RE7 200 PSI Airbags
3/8" Complete DOT Alkon Fitting pack
Bolt -in GBODY front bag brackets [offset cups]
Rear Weld On Over Axle Lower Bag Bracket 3"
Rear universal upper cups [cut to my height]

if i put 18x8 Chrome replica IROC wheels on this how low do you think this will end up going without doing any cutting?

well, without notching the back, it will sit where mine is in the back on the pic a couple of posts up from this. a 225/40/18 is about the same height as my factories. I don't know what size you are running. My axle is on the frame, no bump stops, and the cups were cut down as well as the axle bracket to make that happen, notching, cutting the trunk floor out and making custom brackets for the bags will lay it out proper.
the front will drop, but it won't be crazy without arms and spindles, i am running art upper and lower arms and 2" drop spindles from an s-10 (same suspension) with re6's and the cross member lays out hard, i had to cut a shitload out of my wheel wheels to get the front to lay out on the factories even, also had alot of cutting in the spring pocket to clear the bags up front, re7's will create more work. 6's lift mine high enough to drive. if you decide you want to go to re6's up front because of that, maybe we can work out something, i have to order a pair of 7's for my back, instead of the 6's.
hope this helps,
brian

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i also had to cut my rear brackets to be able to lay the frame onto the bump stops. before i did that it sat as high as lowering springs do when it was dropped all the way, i think i took like 4" off. i am still running stock control arms and stock spindels. the lowering spindels had me too low for me but i may have to switch back if i do 20s laeter on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor