Help Wit fittin 28s

Status
Not open for further replies.

lildream44

n00b
Aug 31, 2020
I got a 1984 Regal lookin 2 put sum 28s Mayb 30s on it. I really don’t like the tuck or donk look I just want it to Mayb sit almost flush with tha frame Mayb 2-3 inches of space between fenders and top of tire. Ima b using tires wit basically no sidewall. I was just wondering what are sum methods to go about liftin it ? Besides the universalcarlift 7inch lift kit. But If it comes down 2 it I’ll just go that route.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
:popcorn:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis

I have no idea how to put big rims on cars. 20s are big rims to me lol. Im Just trying to help. Research on here and google. If you want the body sitting above the wheels it shouldn't be too much fab work. Good luck on your journey.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

I have no idea how to put big rims on cars. 20s are big rims to me lol. Im Just trying to help. Research on here and google. If you want the body sitting above the wheels it shouldn't be too much fab work. Good luck on your journey.

Excuse me, Sir. I believe you dropped these:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Haha
  • Agree

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Call the shop. We have you covered.

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
If it were me I'd try to get my lift using spindles in the front like they have available from Southside machine (who posted just above me) and try to avoid using tall springs. That way you can keep something close to correct/stock suspension and steering geometry. Getting a couple inches of lift in the back should be straightforward, just some taller springs and extended brake hoses all around should be basically all you need but adjustable arms/links would probably be a good idea so you can adjust your pinion angle easily to avoid wearing or binding in your driveshaft U joints.

I thought the lifted big wheel look had died out a few years ago... Guess I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor