here just to sell my stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Is it just me or do some of you also get irritated at the ppl who just join to sell they stuff. Oyea Imma send my hard earned money to a guy that has no profile Pic or signature and is a noob. I just find that irritating it happens onall the car forums i'm on. I dunno just my lil rant is all.

Nature of the beast. Maybe the Moderators could make a rule that you are only allowed to post up on the "For Sale" board after a certain amount of time or a certain number of postings.....its a thought. I dont buy/sell to noobs....period.

I guess it depends on what your buying. I have bought a few things from "noobs" and have never had an issue. I think its annoying to see 3 or 4 different for sale posts by the same person. I think we need a section for what annoys us :lol: we can call it "What Grinds Your Gears?"

bill said:
Nature of the beast. Maybe the Moderators could make a rule that you are only allowed to post up on the "For Sale" board after a certain amount of time or a certain number of postings.....its a thought. I dont buy/sell to noobs....period.

bill, I know for a fact you were in on the prior discussions on this, so you know that isn't happening. :roll:

It's a fine line, to be sure, but I would rather let people in for whatever reason, regardless, than run some sort of "good ol boys club" where noobs are looked down on simply because their post count isn't high enough. Besides, who knows, you might just find what you need from that "noob" and if we put some arbitrary limit on posts or whatever then they'll either post a bunch of "me too" crap just to beat the post limit or not post at all.

Like I've stated before, its no different than the classified ads in your local paper or in pubs like Hemmings, etc. Use your own good judgement as to what is legit and what isn't.

There are endless discussions on this archived (I think) and it did get quite heated at times.

I will say I joined to sell stuff. I had been on the site before just never needed to post because i always found the my questions without asking. Since then I (think) I have been a helpful member.

I've joined sites just to sell and i occasionally I post if I have something to say. But some times you need the specialty forums to learn the value of what you have and to sell to those how need or appriciate it.

I've joined sites just to sell and i occasionally I post if I have something to say. But some times you need the specialty forums to learn the value of what you have and to sell to those how need or appriciate it.

It' s a site for gbody lovers you think you would like that some people make it more convenient for some to find parts that may be hard to find in the city you are in. Yes i'm a new comer but not here to sell and I find it very helpful that I can find lots of parts here.

bill said:
im a part of a toyota forum as well and you have to have a certain number of post before you can sell something. it keeps people from joining just to sell things and thats it.

i am a noob. you have to be a noob to begin with lol i dont have a pic havent learned how yet,i joinned for parts i am looking for and even some info. i am a gbody fan have always been. i also joinned another site for olds but there is really nobody with info on there if you need it. its sites like this that help ppl like me. thanks for having me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor