Hey Guys,im a newbie so be nice lol, Sbc in a 87 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryguy39

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2007
I need to know everything i need to put a 350 chevy in to my 87 cutlass that has the 307 olds. What motor mounts do i need? and wiring do i have to change, and what problems will i run in to? also im going to run a Turbo350 trans, so what cross brace will i need to have?

Thanks to all , Bryan

357chevIn86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2006
MISSOURI
i'm doing a similiar pro

i'm doing a similiar project. i used solid motor mounts but u can go to ur local parts store and just get (frame) motor mounts for a 78-88 monte they probably cost around 10 bux each or less. as for the crossmember the best way to go is to call summit and get one from there. they sell double hump x- members for around 210 bux. and block mounts any junk yard will probably give them to u.

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Don't get the crossmember from Summit, get one from Jegs. They are $115 from Jegs & are quality built. Not saying Summits aren't quality, but I'm saving ya' $100. :wink:

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Search the site. There have been numerous threads about the swap you want to do. Its not too hard.

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
i'm currently looking into this swap. Jeg's definately has the best crossmember because every car on the track is running it (G-body's that is). It doesnt seem too hard to do considering some of the swaps i've done before

bryguy39

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2007
Thanks guys for all the help,ill let you know how the project turns out. also do i have to do anything special with the wireing? also i have ac in my car right now,what do i have to buy so i can use the same compresser and not loose my freeon?

Thanks again, Bryan

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
The wiring is straight forward, cables from battery to starter,ground, & alternator. And wires from key to starter.

Fuel line will have to be extended to passenger side.

You're F'd with the A/C, as far as saving the "charge". With the proper brackets,belts, & pullys you can hook the A/C back up of course.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
bryguy39 said:
why is that?

Thanks, bryan
When you unhook the AC your going to loose all of the R-12. You'll have to take it to a shop or buy the recharge kits to load it back up. I believe that was what you were asking about.

bryguy39

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2007
i guess i dont understand,why would i loose the R-12 if i keep the compresser hooked up and use it on the 350 chevy? or is it not able to bolt to a 350 chevy?thanks bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor