Hill street blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack, I enjoyed Amos and Andy a lot. I guess being from Chicago and New York I had all kinds of friends, black and white. To me it was just a black version of The Honeymooners. The NAACP panned it but Redd Foxx said it was funny, as it was supposed to be. I think Bill Cosby bought up the rights because he felt it was racist but it is in public domain now. Kudos to anyone who can put one over on the Kingfish.
Mark,
I'd enjoy seeing some episodes of Amos and Andy. I figured someone bought the rights to them and got them locked up in their personnel archive somewhere. Amos and Andy was funny.
Do you remember Naked City? We've caught some episodes on streaming.

NAKED CITY!!! Oh man Jack I love that show! How could I forget? Yet I did. I guess my memory is failing. I remember an episode where Robert Duval was holed up in an apartment house with a Thompson sub-machine gun. At the end as they panned out right behind the building was Yankee Stadium on River Ave!!! That was around 1960 and that was also when I attended my very first Yankee game. Mickey Mantle, Roger Marris, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra, and they still lost to the Tigers that day.

The Amazing Spiderman, The Hulk, Wonder Woman, Automan, The Greatest American Hero, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Wild Wild West, Grizzly Adams, Quantum Leap

Reactions: 1 user
They still run some highway patrol episodes early in the morning on MeTV. If I remember right they follow it up with dragnet.

You have to love the DECADES channel. They do a decades binge and show one show all day and night long over the weekend. Naked City, Route 66, Twilight Zone, Man From U.N.C.L.E. , Time Tunnel, Rat Patrol, all late 50's to mid 60's. . What I don't understand is that I watched these shows religiously as a kid but they all seem brand new to me now.

Reactions: 2 users
You have to love the DECADES channel. They do a decades binge and show one show all day and night long over the weekend. Naked City, Route 66, Twilight Zone, Man From U.N.C.L.E. , Time Tunnel, Rat Patrol, all late 50's to mid 60's. . What I don't understand is that I watched these shows religiously as a kid but they all seem brand new to me now.
Mark,
I agree with you. I also watched these shows as a kid, but I forget a lot of the content, or didn't fully appreciate them. Some are obviously dated and maybe a touch hokey. I did enjoy programs like Man from UNCLE, I spy, The Saint, Route 66, etc. Twilight Zone I used to watch religiously and binge out on them when they run their marathon viewings. We too are fans of the DECADES channel.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor