Holley Sniper EFI. Who’s running one, any opinions, tuning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and I just watched Holley's video about the 02 and you have yours in the spot they suggest...(y)

Reactions: 2 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
You said it is running better now so why not just leave it as is and run it for a while to see how it goes.... :)
That is what I’m doing. After I drive it for awhile I will save the tune and maybe adjust a few things from there. Like 64 said, the timing, Also fuel enrichment, and intake to a single plane. Unless it works very well and I will just leave it alone.

Reactions: 1 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Back to the timing

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Now that you got the Sniper working. I would do what 64nailhead suggested. Timing will play a big role in how well it runs. I would look into a different distributor down the road and take advantage of the veritable timing aspect. A lot of power to be had there. I am glad it is starting to work out for you.

Reactions: 5 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Now that you got the Sniper working. I would do what 64nailhead suggested. Timing will play a big role in how well it runs. I would look into a different distributor down the road and take advantage of the veritable timing aspect. A lot of power to be had there. I am glad it is starting to work out for you.
My thoughts exactly Zach. I will drive it for a couple of weeks or so and see what it does. Then I will save that tune and start adjusting the timing just like 64nailhead suggests. I also believe I will change my distributor to the one you suggested. Knowing what I know now, I should have went with that from the beginning. Its all part of the learning process I guess. I appreciate the help from everyone!

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If the Sniper is anything like a the Terminator, then it will be self tuned in about 4 drive cycles. I found it to be absolutely unbelievable how quick it self tuned, at least enough to get a decent driving tune. Make sure you apply the learn table after after every drive the 1st 2-5 times out with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Lots of good info here. I took the plunge and bought a sniper efi last night. What circuit is everyone hooking into for the key switched 12 volt that is also 12 volt while cranking?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have ran a wire directly to the fuse panel to an open port that accepts a spade connector. There has been two that are keyed and at least one that is constant 12v on the 3 G's that I've installed an ECM into. Be sure that source is running a relay and you'll be good.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Lots of good info here. I took the plunge and bought a sniper efi last night. What circuit is everyone hooking into for the key switched 12 volt that is also 12 volt while cranking?
It has been a while since I wired mine, but. I believe your main power and fuelpump relay are to be wired directly to the battery. Keyed power I did what the old man above said. Don't remember which terminal you want through. My car is still in storage so I can not look at it right now. Pretty easy and straight forward on how to wire it. When you get into veritable timing control, it gets a little tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor