6a00d8357e4fe369e201b7c955dbcb970b-pi
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have an old Atomic clock in the garage that quit working but it was interesting to watch it reset itself after I forgot to change the batteries.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
There is an atomic clock in Colorado that all time in the US is based off of. It sends out a signal and if you're clock is capable of receiving it, it will automatically adjust.
OK but doesn't the clock need a receiver? There is no antenna wire or anything that would indicate that. The back of the clock looks like any other small clock works that are usually battery powered. I have a clock/radio that does set it's own time, probably off said atomic clock. But it has an antenna wire that is very obvious. Here is the description and it says no antenna or wires:
"The Gamma electric wall clock, from J. Thomas, will automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Since this clock plugs into the wall, the Gamma never requires a battery change. Proudly "Made in America". This clock is perfect for home or office.

• Automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time
  • No signals or antennas required
  • Shatter resistant polycarbonate crystal
  • Durable black plastic case
  • 5-1/2 foot electrical cord
  • U.S. Standard: 110v/60hz
  • Proudly made in USA
  • Built to order, please allow 5-7 days to ship

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I can settle this,it's what we in the trade call "fm",fu@#ing magic.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
OK but doesn't the clock need a receiver? There is no antenna wire or anything that would indicate that. The back of the clock looks like any other small clock works that are usually battery powered. I have a clock/radio that does set it's own time, probably off said atomic clock. But it has an antenna wire that is very obvious. Here is the description and it says no antenna or wires:
"The Gamma electric wall clock, from J. Thomas, will automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Since this clock plugs into the wall, the Gamma never requires a battery change. Proudly "Made in America". This clock is perfect for home or office.

• Proudly made in USA
Nope the receiver is built in. No external antenna required. The atomic clock sends out a signal every 15 mins IIRC

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

• Proudly made in USA
I refer you back to post #3. From the Amazon website advertisement for a J. Thomas plug-in clock......there's no magic here. It's built-in.

This wall clock automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time through a patented on-board calendar, programmed at the factory.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor