how does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
if you got the tires spinning all it would need is some traction. That will cause a shudder in the driveline and the weakest point will break. Most driveshafts that I have seen break are either when doing a burnout, on the dyno, and squealing the tires around a corner. Once it gets traction then pop goes the worn out ujoint

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
X2 what he said. The u joint is usually the weakest link and the first to go in all drivelines when givin some abuse.

But i think a more direct answer to your question is because you were trying to do a burnout in a S10 with a stock 2.8 LOL.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Hey man last year my brother blew the rear end in our 2.5 Dakota lol it happens

bishop gp

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2015
Evansville,IN
Im just surprised it still does a burn out at 231,680 miles on the motor and will break loose for a second on take off if you give it half throttle

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
If that Ujoint was original it was a ticking timebomb anyway with that many miles...LMAO.

One of the first things I've almost always done whenever I bought a "used" 4wd or RWD was replace them... and I've replaced them at about 75k of use after that.... I lost a rear Ujoint on the highway in my '72 Chevelle back in high school... destroyed my floorpan, trans tailshaft, driveshaft, and rear axle's yoke... They are cheap and worth every penny!

bishop gp

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2015
Evansville,IN
As for being original idk but i just went ahead and replaced the whole drive shaft which was a massive pain in the *ss because of how it broke but still easier than cooking out the nylon retainer clips and as for losing a drive shaft i had that happen to my other project under making the mud monster in non g projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor