How fast on spare parts? 83 GP build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm digging this, will be following along 🙂 That's a big turbo, hope you can spool that thing at lower speeds!

It's an identical turbo to the one I had before and it spooled at about 3k. I ran a best of [email protected] completely out of the throttle 3 times (that was pretty much standard) on 275/60/15 440 tread wear tire store radials and made 639.7 RWHP @ 18psi. The S475 brings the thunder on a 355.

Holy shnikies. That's a big looking S475, I love it. I am in the early stages of a 6.0 install in our G body, that turbo would be a sweet setup in our car I have always wanted a turbo car

Love low budget leftover parts build. Reminds me of the firebird on the turbo forums. :popcorn:

Marty is the one who caused me to start turboing whatever I have around. I'm sure I'll never make the kind of power that he did, but I'm sure it'll be fun trying.

Not much to report. The old scoop had seperated from the hood so I pulled them the rest of the way apart, cleaned it up, and re fiberglassed it. I used panel bond last time (2005ish) and it rusted. I just used mat and resin this time. Hopefully it stays put.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 391
Got into the bottom end of my $75 motor and rolled out one rod an one main bearing. Looks like a cheap ring&bearing kit is in my future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 329
Got the hood roughed in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.6 KB · Views: 319
Tore the engine the rest if the way down. Other than rings, bearings, and a cam, everything looks like it's good to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 288
$38 eBay fuel pump, now boost referenced.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 315
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor