How many people actually drive their gbodies daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Here's a couple of pix from today, at work... 8)
atwork.jpg

atwork2.jpg

dragonmaster093

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2011
mine goes through dd duty off and on laterly alot as its cheaper on gas then my 97 expidition only when really hot will we brake down and drive the truck (wagons ac dont work) but po used it for dd and road trips of close to 200 each way

Chickenbone

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2008
NJ
I used to drive my Malibu daily; especially during college. I had that car from '96-'07. Then I sold it for a Ford Ranger. I came to the conclusion that I would never drive a car daily that I loved; well at least not in this state. When I got the Ranger, it was such a relief to commute to work and not really care too much about every little nuance of other drivers. When I got T-boned in the truck, I was annoyed at the most. I would have been livid if it were the Malibu or the Crown Vic.

Now I gotta look for another daily driver as my current S-10 is falling apart. I may make the same mistake again if I get the Elky. :(

Chickenbone

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Like most of the other north-east guys, I drive my Lemans everywhere daily from the moment it comes out of winter storage in mid-april until late november when it goes back to sleep. I wouldn`t drive anything else and i dont care how much it costs. A guy at work has a 81 GP with a decent chevy 355 and custom leather interior. It`s really nice but I have only seen it in pictures because he doesn`t want it to get mangled or dirty. I keep asking him if he was married to some supermodel would he keep her locked up and never make love to her so she doesn`t mess up her hair? I would parade her around town and f##k her every day!
cars are made to be driven!!!
Dean

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
deanlemans81 said:
Like most of the other north-east guys, I drive my Lemans everywhere daily from the moment it comes out of winter storage in mid-april until late november when it goes back to sleep. I wouldn`t drive anything else and i dont care how much it costs. A guy at work has a 81 GP with a decent chevy 355 and custom leather interior. It`s really nice but I have only seen it in pictures because he doesn`t want it to get mangled or dirty. I keep asking him if he was married to some supermodel would he keep her locked up and never make love to her so she doesn`t mess up her hair? I would parade her around town and f##k her every day!
cars are made to be driven!!!
Dean
x2

I drive mine through all weather (even the winter snow). No point having a garage queen.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I try to drive mine once a week at least....gas is too high to drive it everyday....plus, I dont like leaving it alone for so long...stuff tends to get missing when I do that.... :twisted:

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
As a poor college kid with only one vehicle, mine gets driven every day including the last two winters. Right now it's sitting outside my dorm in dire need of a car wash.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
I see this GN parked in this same spot everytime I pass this place. Looks like it never moves. If it were mine Id drive the hell out of it :twisted: Well maybe, it depends what it has under the hood 8)

Attachments

• IMAG0549.jpg
    IMAG0549.jpg
    940.5 KB · Views: 418

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I've been driving a Gbody Cutlass daily since I got my drivers liscense 17 years ago with the exception of winters in more recent years.
No point in owning them if you dont drive them, Ive got four insured and can hop in any one at anytime depending on mood or weather :lol:
If its sunny and warm out and I feel like going fast I drive my 88 and take the Ttops off.
If its rainny or cold I drive the 85 442
If I feel like cruising and its dry out I drive the 83 Hurst or 87 442 and take the tops off if its above 65* out.
All my other Cutlasses are in some state of construction.
If I need to haul something or if its snowing I drive my big *ss truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor