How many people actually drive their gbodies daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive my Monte daily but it kills on gas. I'm going to try and find me a nice V6 Cutlass or Regal when I get the money.

88hurstolds said:
I've been driving a Gbody Cutlass daily since I got my drivers liscense 17 years ago with the exception of winters in more recent years.
No point in owning them if you dont drive them, Ive got four insured and can hop in any one at anytime depending on mood or weather :lol:
If its sunny and warm out and I feel like going fast I drive my 88 and take the Ttops off.
If its rainny or cold I drive the 85 442
If I feel like cruising and its dry out I drive the 83 Hurst or 87 442 and take the tops off if its above 65* out.
All my other Cutlasses are in some state of construction.
If I need to haul something or if its snowing I drive my big *ss truck.
I envy you. 8)

somethin_random said:
I drive my Monte daily but it kills on gas. I'm going to try and find me a nice V6 Cutlass or Regal when I get the money.

Prepare to be disappointed...
My V6 Buick wagon actually got worse mileage than my V8 Malibu wagon.
They're so under powered that they have to work much harder to get up to speed...

I used to think like that myself. I loved driving my Malibu on a daily basis. Over the years however, it was hit four times.......(3) while parked and once while driving. The first time was during class. I came out to find my car taking up two parking spaces when I clearly remembered parking much better. Then I found the pieces of the other car and a parking ticket on the windshield (a long story). Nothing like that sinking feeling when you find your ride like that; even worse off since I didn't cause the damage personally. As the car got hit other times over the years, I just got tired of repairing the damage; and eventually became discouraged all together. So I got a vehicle that I don't care too much about.

As far as the supermodel/trophy wife analogy goes; there is a difference between locking her up in your closet for nobody to see (including you) and taking her out of the closet to f**k and make you dinner every night. Now, would you take said supermodel to a shady club just to have her get poked by 4+ guys while you're not looking? Would you want to f**k her afterwards? 😛 Such is the case when driving in NJ. It's all about perspective.

Chickenbone

I daily drove my 79 Monte back in highschool when it had the stock 305. I took it off the road after college, dropped in an LS1 for reliability, 4l60e, and had it repainted/did body work. Now I daily drive it to work and get about 15.5/mpg (premium). I could probably get better, but what's the fun in that?

I know that if someone t-boned me, I'd probably go to jail for manslaughter after the ensuing road rage...

79CMC said:
....I know that if someone t-boned me, I'd probably go to jail for manslaughter after the ensuing road rage...

Which was my exact point in my original post. I may travel down that road again as I can't seem to find any S-10's or Rangers at decent prices. There is an Elky and an '80 Monte Carlo that I am eyeing. I can only see this leading to tears 😢

Chickenbone

I just bought my '81 Cutlass a few months ago and drive it everyday, back and forth to work. It is my ONLY car. I live in Wisconsin and i'm not going to drive it in the winter, I plan on putting it in a heated storage. I'm an avid bicyclist, so on days (down to 15 degrees) where I can actually bike to work and the roads are reasonably clear, i'll just ride my bike to work and run errands(and try not to freeze my a$$ off). On days where it's REALLY bad, i'll just catch the bus because the bus stop is right up the street and I have a commuter pass through my job!! So it'll work!!

Here she is:
cleancutlass-1.jpg

Will be 17 soon and ill be Daily Driving my '85 cutlass when ever that gets finished. In the mean time i will be driving an '87 Grand National. Its almost summer now so ill just be taking it to work and back, to shows, and just cruisin.

Back yard resto:
100_4052.jpg

The GN:
100_5050.jpg

The car needs some body work, bumper fillers, new front seat covers, inspection, and we're currently in the process of a vacuum brake swap. It will be put on the road as soon as we are done the brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor