RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
pontiacgp said:
RITTER said:
$300 is too much for a 7.5" that needs work! PERIOD

just the moser axles and c clip eliminators are worth well over $300
So you would pay $300 for USED Moser axles and c-clip eliminators?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Pat you have to realize that the "used 8.5" will more than likely still outlive a rebuilt(with upgraded parts) 7.5.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
RITTER said:
pontiacgp said:
RITTER said:
$300 is too much for a 7.5" that needs work! PERIOD

just the moser axles and c clip eliminators are worth well over $300
So you would pay $300 for USED Moser axles and c-clip eliminators?

yup....the weakest link in a 7.5 is the axles. I'd sell the c-clip eliminators since I don't run enough power to need them so I'd end up with Moser axles for about cost of stock axles.

NJ54880

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2011
Superior, WI
i cross my fingers everytime i launch my car
7.5" posi from a monte with 3.73's

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
turns out its a 7.625 28 spline 4.56 mini spooled rear. I got it for $150 and it has no-hop bars on it also. The ring and pinion are blown up and are getting replaced with 4.11 and a trutrac will be put in place of the mini spool.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
nice. for $150 you cant beat it.

I was just reading this thread. I agree that 7.5 are decent but not worth the time or money to fix up a beat on one for that money. but 28 spline and what not for $150. even if it blows up youll only be into it for $600 or so when you fix it. and most those parts you can find.

I got some 28 spline axels for a g-body floating around if you ever break one.

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
Glad to see ya picked it up and cheap at that, And also glad to see your doing away with the locker and 4.56's , I have a locker and 4.56's in my nova and it turns about 3900 rpm at 35 mph Deafining in the car is all i can say , It sucks for the street . Now on my Elco I love my 7.625-7.5 rear. Funny thing is that if gbody's say came out with a 6.75 rear everyone would be saying grab a 7.5 or better. Build it right and no problems. Sure if you want to do neutral and reverse drops buy the over bragged about 8.5 or 9". Ive never seen a diff blow from foot braking before.
As said earlier in this thread I to have also seen them in the 10's with no problems and drag the car on the rear bumper. My 2 cents.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
ive also seen many 7.5 rears on fully worked cars. and never heard about them complaing or breaking.

I do actually look at peoples rears at car shows and stuff to see what they are running.

the 8.5 is a good stronger rear then the 7.5 but they are getting harder and harder to come by. and the 9inch is just crazy cash but for a serious car its money well spent.

I was going to do up my 7.5 but the future plans of the car i didnt want to risk putting money into a rear that would be prone to break but also didnt have good resale if i deceided to change something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor