Hurst Olds Lightning Rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I got some NOS 83/84 H/O 4-speed rods in the box I'm thinking about selling. Bottom plate, top plate, screws and brushes too. Also will include a repro rubber boot...if anyone may be interested.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
69hurstolds said:
I got some NOS 83/84 H/O 4-speed rods in the box I'm thinking about selling. Bottom plate, top plate, screws and brushes too. Also will include a repro rubber boot...if anyone may be interested.
I have been hoping that the repops would get approved and out, the NOS/original are selling for way too much money.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
liquidh8 said:
69hurstolds said:
I have been hoping that the repops would get approved and out, the NOS/original are selling for way too much money.

That could be a while....There is nothing like NOS

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here is the skinny

LKQ wont license them since we get sued everyday and prefer not to have private label stuff with our name on "it." GBP has take 100% responsibility on getting them created and made. We came very close, but the quality wasnt perfect. Actually TBH, we attempted to make them better....it's going to take finding the right place without making the cost outrageous.

Dhawk34

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2014
I have 83 old hurst I'm trying to put back together /I have a set of Lightning rods and the bottom plate I need everything else so I can Mount them in//would you be interested in selling me everything so I can put my lightning rods in

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
the brackets for the interior including the front bracket as well as the shifter cable to trans bracket is available from Goodmark as well as gbodyparts.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
tobyp said:
Here is the skinny

LKQ wont license them since we get sued everyday and prefer not to have private label stuff with our name on "it." GBP has take 100% responsibility on getting them created and made. We came very close, but the quality wasnt perfect. Actually TBH, we attempted to make them better....it's going to take finding the right place without making the cost outrageous.

Dang, I was really hoping to get a set of these "new" lightning rods. :(

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
everyone needs to bug gbodyparts.com brian weaver. He is the driving force behind the project now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor