I am new here but I thought I would share something to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Hi all,

I have a good trick for G-bodies we Stoopud people (starting new car club - Stoopud Performance - if anyone is interested) in Cleveland have found. I have not seen anyone else mention it so maybe it is news, maybe not.

Want a cheap electric cooling fan for your G-Body? 3rd Gen's are an almost exact fit. I had to drill upper holes on my GP, but on my bodies Monte it bolted right in on top, just had to dril two small mounting holes at the bottom. Looks trick, worked great, and only cost $25.00 at the junk yard. A dual fan would work too, but I have yet to find a cheap set-up. Has anyone else tried this? Just wanted to see how smart I am. I only have one pic and it is over the radiator not of the rediator.

Hope this helps someone. I am always looking for good cheap part swaps and it seems like people here are too. (I finally found out that I was right and 99' blazer brakes will work on a g bodt without having to buy a set). Worth checking the site in itself.

Thanks everyone,

Dumas
pronounced Dumb *ss
president of Stoopud Car Club

Hey I'm feelin' a litlle stoopud right about now! LOL🙂

Do you mean electric fans mounted in front of the condenser pushing air into the engine compartment or an electric fan mounted on the radiator after removing the belt driven fan?

3rd gen's of what?

I would almost think he means radiator side & remove mechanical fan,

And, he means Camaros & Firebirds.

Dodge Intrepid fans are a perfect fit. Been running mine for two years now with no issues.

new_season_2007_a.jpg

I got mine off a mid-90s Lincoln Mark XIII. It is about a half inch too tall, but a thick bit of weather strip at the top and it works great. got a bosche 80AMP relay to run it and a more powerful alternator. Keeps my Buick 350 around 180 even on hot Louisiana days and much quieter than the mechanical fan that sounded like a tornado under the hood.

I put a 3rd gen f body fan on my GP years ago and yes its almost a perfect fit. And just in case you didnt also know the 3rd gen radiators bolt right in and even the a/c condensers fit. Lots of good stuff from them fit Gbodys.

i found a nice one out of a BMW not sure the series it was a while ago, wired it through a relay. single fan blowing through a summit rad with electric water pump cools the small block in the summer no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor