I Think I met the New Mrs 'Ed' Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I get a lot of the older guys in the retirement town north of me with the "I use to have one, or a regal, etc" They are usually great car talk conversations of decades past and how the car culture use to be. Many retired Detroit guys and gals live in that town so I get some great street racing from the 60's stories! An added bonus.

Still waiting for a car compliment from the new "Mrs. Jeff"! lol

Reactions: 3 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
My previous 'toy' the 95 Flash Red VW GTI, used to get comments from the younger crowd - "Is that your Kid's car".
I knew it was time to move on when, while pulling into a classic car show, I overheard a young boy say to his Dad, " Why are they letting this new Honda into a Hot Rod Show?"
P1100423.JPG

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
I don't take my GP out much and so today, I decided to drive to the beach about 7 pm. To my surprise, I actually saw a few people point at the car and whisper to the person they were with. As a passed a groups of parked motorcycle guys who were singing old tunes, I could hear one argue with the other that it was a GP not a Monty! Very interesting evening out

Reactions: 1 user

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
i get compliments from all types of people of all ages and races... however it seems limited to men lol

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I get compliments every time I drive my car, I get people giving me the thumbs up driving down the highway. My daughter in law does't get it cause no one ever compliments her on her fully loaded 2017 F150.

Reactions: 2 users

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY

Attachments

• IMG_6318.JPG
    IMG_6318.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6316.JPG
    IMG_6316.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6317.JPG
    IMG_6317.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: 4 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I have had young women comment on my Monte,usually at the gas station.
A couple even had to take pictures to show a family member,LOL.
Guy

Reactions: 2 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Pretty much every time I take my El Camino out someone gets excited, they usually give thumbs up or yell to their friends/relatives to look at it. Moms seem to roll their eyes a lot, though. :)

The day after I bought it, I pulled into a gas station and some dude ran out asking if it was for sale.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor