in need of help guys, 454 big block headers for g body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hecx78malibu

Greasemonkey
Jun 2, 2011
Los Angeles CA
I'm putting a 454 big block in my 78 malibu I know the hooker headers #2241 are the ones it takes but I hear there's others, I belive I've read from an f body.. How true is that? If anybody knows of anything plz comment back...

bu*thang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
Michigan City, IN
will help if possible my buddy has 86 mcss with 468 pump gas with some nice headers i will get a part number on them tomorrow not sure what kind of price range his are in being their ceramic coated.

Malihoochie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2009
Many people have used the lesser priced Hooker #2455's in G bodies. The application is for ealier Chevelles (etc.) but they work OK. Somebody recently took a pic of theirs & posted it on maliburacing's site, in case you need "proof" that they fit. Enjoy your big block!

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

84e/c

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2010
bethpage.ny
they fit with very minimal tweaking. fit better & easier than the 2241 for me. under 200 bucks vs 500

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
LSCustoms said:
this guy has a bad *ss big block in his Monte and he was very quick at answering a small question i had for him, shoot him a question on youtube, he will prob answer fairly quickly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPh7cIip ... re=related
he said he has (in one of his other videos anyhow, he has one of the cleanest ss montes ive seen
Lemons Stepped Headers to 4-1/2 Flowmasters and 4'' tailpipes

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
i also would like info ... 83 cutlass with 454 would the 2455 work ?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
The Hooker # 2455 A Body headers will fit in our G body's,thats what I have in mine.The biggest issue was the lower right control arm bracket,it needed to be re-worked.If a smaller tube A body header was used,(1 3/4 or 1 7/8),they may fit better,my old ones did,but I dont know for sure what kind they were.I also had to move the brake prop valve a tiny bit,and plugs # 6 & 8 are hard to get at,I cant get a socket on them,I made a wrench to fit.Heres some pictures;
Almostdone017.jpg

Almostdone030.jpg

carrunning-plugwrench003.jpg

firewallframe004.jpg

firewallframe003.jpg

One motor mount needed a little grinding;
carpics111.jpg

I also had to dent one tube a little bit,IIRC,it was the one closest to the control arm bracket.If you use a manual trans with mechanical linkage the Z bar will also need to be re-worked,or re route one header pipe;
Trannyin006.jpg

carpics048.jpg

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor