Installing alt on passenger side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I will get a pic at lunch. As I said, the 6" water pump SHOULD have a deeper offset with the pulleys in closer to the motor, hopefully it does. Like I said, I would use the larger diameter triple crank pulley as well.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I put the pulleys back on and took several pics and sent it to them. Im sure there gonna see this pic and say "well crap, that dont look right"

Attachments

• 20200424_113258.jpg
    20200424_113258.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 107

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Nope, that wont work. My cheap eBay pulley sits back further against the water pump (deeper offset). You now have 4 pulleys, no? That's a few different combinations....

Last edited:

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Nope, that wont work. My cheap eBay pulley site back further against the water pump (deeper offset). You now have 4 pulleys, no? That's a few different combinations....
Alt, ps, crank and wp are the pulleys im running

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
you're luckier than these guys... :popcorn:

Kinda wish that would happen to my car...........if i got paid for what i insure it for. Swap the hood out quick, take the spoiler off, swap rims out and then park it on the tracks😂 then buy a unmolested car

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I ordered those 2 pulleys. Weather is getting nicer. Just wanna drive the car. They took the time to check measurements to let me know what i exactly need instead of me buying random parts hoping they work. Probly get them by wednesday
What was this?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Kinda wish that would happen to my car...........if i got paid for what i i sure it for. Swap the hood out quick, take the spoiler off, swap rims out and then park it on the tracks😂 then buy a unmolested car

I fixed it.... :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
What was this?
The 2 new pulleys was replacing the wp and crank. So when i had the alt bracket on the passenger side it worked for a drive. Starting squealing. I tightened it and then the bracket started hitting the wp pulley. I realized that the alt was so far away from the motor that when tightening, it was flexing the bolts causing it to push the bracket toward the water pump and rubbing. So the 2 pulleys were suppose to allow the alt to sit in the position that the bracket was intended to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor