Intake Manifold Installation 305 SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Ok, I got my hands on a damn near new Edelbrock Performer EPS for cheap...

20220312_112159.jpg
20220312_112307.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
But it's MY show your referring to right ? Grab your popcorn, and script my threads for that show right ? 👀

I get the game ok lol...you're white and I'm wrong...I get it.

I guess I'll play along before this "I'm not racist" spill prolongs itself...🤷🏾‍♂
I don’t care what race you are, or if 24 inch rims is what you prefer. That’s not the issue.

What is, would be you not acknowledging your part in this. I get some of the comments that were made definitely went too far, and calling that out is the right thing to do.

But don’t forget, this didn’t escalate for no reason, it’s a two way street.

Again it’s the fact you don’t make helping you easy by not willing to take advice, so then you choose to do it your way, then it doesn’t happen to work well you run back asking to help put out your own fires.

But if you would just listen to us in the first place, because if something did go wrong? Then at least we can take some responsibility for giving the wrong direction. But not if you are going to ask for help, then discount what’s been offered.

We want your vehicle running and reliable. Everything else like a subwoofer setup, hydraulics, 24’s etc can be done later haha 😤👌

Reactions: 1 user

CM1SCW

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2020
Lenoir City,TN
My 2 cents he asks for advice. People respond. He doesn't like answers given or says its over his budget, but he spends money on chrome parts that are worthless to get the engine runninning. Other threads he has he takes shortcuts, not fixing broken studs/bolts just add silicon. TEMPORARY FIX it will leak eventually. there is probably more but I just had to put my 2 cents to at least one of his threads.

Reactions: 3 users

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
Intake is installed... So why are we even still here commenting if the number of thread pages gets everybody's panties in a wad ?

Oh yea, so y'all can continue to bash the guy who confronted the racist comment...

The rest of you guys can call it what you want, but truthfully as a person of color who lives in the racist part of the country, I'm very familiar when I'm being racially profiled...

Again, nothing in my threads indicates I even talk like that...

But yea, y'all are right, I'm just trippin...👍🏾🤡
Well, the show he was referencing has Ice-T, who does talk like that in the show. That's what I thought when I read his comment.

I'm always happy to help, and offer advice. I'm a small engine mechanic by trade, I fix things that people screw up all the time. I offer advice that is ignored all the time, and I adore G Body cars. Nothing pains me more than seeing one broke down. I will offer advice and help to anyone that asks for it, no matter what they do or say in return, that's just the way I am, it's how my parents raised me, and its the right thing to do. What you do with your car, weather it makes the problem better or worse, is something you need to take responsibility for.

I understand a lack of funds, it took me almost a year to save up the money I needed to buy the TKX I put in my Monte in the fall. And I saved up for 6 more months to get the limited slip installed in the rear end. But you had a working fan, right? Why replace something that works with the wrong part? What was wrong with the old intake? A broken bolt in the thermostat housing? That could've been fixed with a drill and tap. Those are far less expensive than a new intake and gaskets. That money saved could go to getting your car on the road again!

I'll end my little rant with this. I hope and pray you get this car fixed up and running right. I really do. I think you're in over your head and your priorities are out of order, but I want to see your car on the road just as much as you do.

Reactions: 7 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
MonteMan, I agree with you. I was also shocked to see that this thread had 12 pages! The OP's question was answered in the first couple of responses (not pages) regarding re-use of intake gasket.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Why do i hear the theme song from the movie "Titanic" playing all of a sudden... replace heart with thread and you'll catch my drift.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm not so sure. He just might slink off like the little b*tch that he is now that he's proven without a shadow of a doubt that we're all a bunch of racists. Professional victims can't face reality. When challenged, deflect. Always someone else to blame.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor