Intake Manifold Installation 305 SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Ok, I got my hands on a damn near new Edelbrock Performer EPS for cheap...

20220312_112159.jpg
20220312_112307.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Aaaand this is why forums die. "I have a question". "Here's your answer". "I disagree with your(educated, practical) answer, I'm gonna do what I want". Pissing contest ensues, rational people lose interest and move on, as I am doing now. Good Day!
Look at it as comedic relief of an automotive nature. That's what I'm doing.

*cue 'law and orderesque music' dunn dunnt*

*show disclaimer about similarities to real or fictional persons blah blah blah*

"Yo, dawg, I ain't got much bread, but I needs to fix this whip"

"OK, well, what's going on and what's your budget, we can help you target funds to get best bang for buck"

*advice ensues*

"No man, you don't git it. I ain't got no paper right now. Ain't spendin on that."

*proceeds to buy unnecessary appearance items instead of fixing issues to make reliable*

"You know, you really need to replace those one-time-use parts"

"Nah man, I'm on a budget." *proceeds to buy $8/can spray paint for, again, appearance reasons instead of $5 gaskets.*

*Dunn dunnt* (cue voice-over from sponsor: 'here at unsolicited opinions Inc, we advise that, in the absence of any other usable car, it's better to have a worn looking vehicle that functions than an incomplete but partially shiny piece of yard art. Since getting it working fast increases employment opportunities and earning capacity, it makes sense to buy cheap and ugly parts to get going reliably, then use the extra income it unlocks to revisit and make things pretty later on. This ends the PSA.' *B-zzzzzz-t.*

POPCORN! GEEEEET YOUR POPCORN HERE! FRESH SURPLUS FROM IOWA!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Look at it as comedic relief of an automotive nature. That's what I'm doing.

*cue 'law and orderesque music' dunn dunnt*

*show disclaimer about similarities to real or fictional persons blah blah blah*

"Yo, dawg, I ain't got much bread, but I needs to fix this whip"

"OK, well, what's going on and what's your budget, we can help you target funds to get best bang for buck"

*advice ensues*

"No man, you don't git it. I ain't got no paper right now. Ain't spendin on that."

*proceeds to buy unnecessary appearance items instead of fixing issues to make reliable*

"You know, you really need to replace those one-time-use parts"

"Nah man, I'm on a budget." *proceeds to buy $8/can spray paint for, again, appearance reasons instead of $5 gaskets.*

*Dunn dunnt* (cue voice-over from sponsor: 'here at unsolicited opinions Inc, we advise that, in the absence of any other usable car, it's better to have a worn looking vehicle that functions than an incomplete but partially shiny piece of yard art. Since getting it working fast increases employment opportunities and earning capacity, it makes sense to buy cheap and ugly parts to get going reliably, then use the extra income it unlocks to revisit and make things pretty later on. This ends the PSA.' *B-zzzzzz-t.*

POPCORN! GEEEEET YOUR POPCORN HERE! FRESH SURPLUS FROM IOWA!
Lol I love how you used "ebonics" to mimic me...

"Yo, dawg", "I ain't got much bread, but I needs to fix this whip", "I ain't got no paper right now. Ain't spendin on that."...🤔...

I don't even speak like that in person...must be the color of my emojis...🤷🏾‍♂

Another stereotype comment...

Why don't you just go all the way and call me what you're really trying to say...no need to be abstract..

I'm sorry if I want to do my own thing to my own car, other mechanics in other forums and groups don't mind my questions or ways I want to approach it...and damn sure don't get their panties in a wad when I choose not to take their advice...

As I said before, you guys are just talking sh*t because what I'm doing to my car isn't what you guys would do to yours...i.e. the visuals... control freaks...💁🏾‍♂

Thank God I never mentioned wanting to put 24" rims on it...stereotype levels would've went through the roof...

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc

"Yo, dawg", "I ain't got much bread, but I needs to fix this whip", "I ain't got no paper right now. Ain't spendin on that."...🤔...

Why don't you just go all the way and call me what you're really trying to say...no need to be abstract..

I'm sorry if I want to do my own thing to my own car, other mechanics in other forums and groups don't mind my questions or ways I want to approach it...and damn sure don't get their panties in a wad when I choose not to take their advice...

As I said before, you guys are just talking sh*t because what I'm doing to my car isn't what you guys would do to yours...i.e. the visuals... control freaks...💁🏾‍♂

Thank God I never mentioned wanting to put 24" rims on it...stereotype levels would've went through the roof...
You can stop that thinly veiled racist complaint
You started it with your own ridiculous mother chucker tirade
Personally I don’t care what colour your skin is , you sound like an idiot and they come in all colours !

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015

Dude, nobody here is racist. Cut it out.

From my experience on this site I've seen support for everything from hydraulics to donks, factory oem restorations to pro-street, and everything in between.

I know everyone here cares about one thing, G Body cars. You've got, collectively, almost 100 pages of replies from people trying to help you. You're the one making it hard to help, not anyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Yea ok 🥱, now I'm the bad guy because I confronted a racist statement...

Where else would the perception of how I talk come out to be ghetto slang and ebonics, when nothing I have typed even lingers in that direction of language ?

Right...please make it make sense...

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Intake is installed... So why are we even still here commenting if the number of thread pages gets everybody's panties in a wad ?

Oh yea, so y'all can continue to bash the guy who confronted the racist comment...

The rest of you guys can call it what you want, but truthfully as a person of color who lives in the racist part of the country, I'm very familiar when I'm being racially profiled...

Again, nothing in my threads indicates I even talk like that...

But yea, y'all are right, I'm just trippin...👍🏾🤡

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yea ok 🥱, now I'm the bad guy because I confronted a racist statement...

Where else would the perception of how I talk come out to be ghetto slang and ebonics, when nothing I have typed even lingers in that direction of language ?

Right...please make it make sense...
People see what they want to see. Most who run around screaming racist are themselves, the worst racists of all.

People who speak like they come from a hood type area speak the same regardless of color. To imply the only people who speak in ghetto slang are black is, in itself racist, and, you are the only one making that assertion. Again, you see what you WANT to see, and, are making racist comments yourself.

Btw, nobody ever said that was you, but, apparently you see yourself in the hypothetical parody. Interesting.

Reactions: 2 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
People see what they want to see. Most who run around screaming racist are themselves, the worst racists of all.

People who speak like they come from a hood type area speak the same regardless of color. To imply the only people who speak in ghetto slang are black is, in itself racist, and, you are the only one making that assertion. Again, you see what you WANT to see, and, are making racist comments yourself.

Btw, nobody ever said that was you, but, apparently you see yourself in the hypothetical parody. Interesting.
But it's MY show your referring to right ? Grab your popcorn, and script my threads for that show right ? 👀

I get the game ok lol...you're white and I'm wrong...I get it.

I guess I'll play along before this "I'm not racist" spill prolongs itself...🤷🏾‍♂

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
But it's MY show your referring to right ? Grab your popcorn, and script my threads for that show right ? 👀

I get the game ok lol...you're white and I'm wrong...I get it.

I guess I'll play along before this "I'm not racist" spill prolongs itself...🤷🏾‍♂
And you're basing my 'whiteness' on.... what exactly?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor