Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Scott,
Good to see that you'll be getting back to the wagon project. I'm anxious to see what you're going to be using for bumpers...aluminum, no less.
Hopefully, you'll reveal that soon. ;)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sounds like someone found ultra rare unicorn parts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Time for a Scooby Snack!

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
OK, So I have a question I'd like to get answered so I can get a big piece of stamped metal back in my car and out of my way. Usually I figure it out on my own even if that means doing it twice. In this instance, memory does NOT serve me well so I ask:

What all needs to be buttoned up before the cargo floor can be reinstalled?

I think I'm ready, probably have been for the last year but as previously discussed, I only want to put this floor panel back in this time for the last time. I think Jack, Mitch and Jim all have done this recently.

Scott. ...

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
OK, So I have another question I'd like to get answered so I can get along with my rear bumper ordeal. This question is more generalized to the Pontiac brand;

Were the tail lights in the photo from a Pontiac Lemans wagon only used in the 1978 model year?

Probably the wrong place to ask the question but if anyone has a nice set for sale, send me a PM. ...

Scott. ...

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
As far as buttoned up what do you mean ? Little side pieces get screwed on, piece goes in. Interior plastics go in after that. I would run new speaker wire. I also sprayed the spare tire well with bed liner. I also found it much easier to get the thing in with one tailgate cable removed.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I don't think so. Mich would know for sure, he just did his. I'll be doing mine in a few weeks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Those taillites with the two stripes are 1978 Pontiac only.

Other than the insulation, make sure that your wiring for the license plate lite is in place.

I laid down two big pieces of cardboard and with the gate cables off was able to easily slide the cargo floor into place by myself.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor