Is the modern car scene a reflection of income inequality....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that 15yrs ago you didn't need a 408 stroker LS motor and/or a Twin Turbo setup just to compete with the new crap lol... Nowadays new cars are basically maxed out as far as performance and efficienty which is a good thing overall but it takes the fun outta hotrodding. Why is it so hard to understand my point? Back in the 80's an average 4cyl econobox did 0-60 in like 14 sec so if some hotrodders from shop class bought a 1974 Nova 350, flipped the lid, put on headers, and glasspacks your immediately twice as fast as the average new car with just simple elbow grease. That's the way hotrodding should be IMO. Nowadays it's more like how the late 50's and early 60's probably felt to hotrodders. They maxed out their flathead Ford and all the sudden people with brand new 409's were kickin' your butt just by spending $$$$.
15 years ago was 2007. In 2007 a mustang for example had your base GT 4.6-liter V8 rated 300 horsepower and 320 pound-feet of torque for $26k. If you opted for a gt500, with a 5.4-liter V8 that rated 500 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque, MSRP was $40k. Amd it wasn't the fastest car out there either.

Just to put horsepower and costs into perspective a bit. The 1980s are a BAD measuring point because of the post carter years fiasco, push for neutered power to boost fuel economy, and, emissions taking off.

21mpg in a 207 cutlass doesn't sound like much, but, when your mid-full sized lineups jumped from lower teens to lower 20s that's a 50% improvement. It'd be like sacrificing HP to jump from 35mpg to 50+ mpg today.

How? Sounds like you're behind the curve. My house is paid off... you're making your triple mortgage payments or whatever, which, is actually BAD financial advice these days when, if you had a mortgage you should've refinanced at the 3.x% rates. Then you should be pouring $10k/yr for each of you and your"girlfriend" into I bonds and making double digit returns on the money. Effectively, had you done this in 2021, and.jan of 2022, you'd be making around 7% cleared net profit (yield minus mortgage interest) instead of pissing away the liquidity. Having 40k invested since January would mean you'd net an extra $3k of literally free money to again roll over and invest.

More free money than that included in your triple payments? Again, not the time to pay down such a cheap line of credit as a locked in mortgage in the 3s. And if not locked in then, that was another mistake.

But, Florida gonna Florida thinking he's all that and then some.

That's one piece of free advice you'll ignore, but, is superior to whatever it is you do like stressing a 3.4 ton truck with your 26k trailer towing.

We all see plainly the mix of bluster, exaggeration, and quality of choices going on
How? Sounds like you're behind the curve. My house is paid off... you're making your triple mortgage payments or whatever, which, is actually BAD financial advice these days when, if you had a mortgage you should've refinanced at the 3.x% rates. Then you should be pouring $10k/yr for each of you and your"girlfriend" into I bonds and making double digit returns on the money. Effectively, had you done this in 2021, and.jan of 2022, you'd be making around 7% cleared net profit (yield minus mortgage interest) instead of pissing away the liquidity. Having 40k invested since January would mean you'd net an extra $3k of literally free money to again roll over and invest.

More free money than that included in your triple payments? Again, not the time to pay down such a cheap line of credit as a locked in mortgage in the 3s. And if not locked in then, that was another mistake.

But, Florida gonna Florida thinking he's all that and then some.

That's one piece of free advice you'll ignore, but, is superior to whatever it is you do like stressing a 3.4 ton truck with your 26k trailer towing.

We all see plainly the mix of bluster, exaggeration, and quality of choices going on

My initial morgage rate was 3.25%, tell me why you suck at life more?

You straight up showed your azz in your other post, and that's where I figured out you and the other clowns here weren't about sht. Come prove me wrong if you are, again I'll buy anyone a beer if they are worty of it. :)

You straight up showed your azz in your other post, and that's where I figured out you and the other clowns here weren't about sht. Come prove me wrong if you are, again I'll buy anyone a beer if they are worty of it. :)
Riiiiight.

You keep on jumping to that. No arguments on the merits why paying extra mortgage payments is better than I series bonds? Just like your other thread posts... bluster, deflect, BUT never respond when called out or have facts thrown in your face.

My point is that 15yrs ago you didn't need a 408 stroker LS motor and/or a Twin Turbo setup just to compete with the new crap lol... Nowadays new cars are basically maxed out as far as performance and efficienty which is a good thing overall but it takes the fun outta hotrodding. Why is it so hard to understand my point? Back in the 80's an average 4cyl econobox did 0-60 in like 14 sec so if some hotrodders from shop class bought a 1974 Nova 350, flipped the lid, put on headers, and glasspacks your immediately twice as fast as the average new car with just simple elbow grease. That's the way hotrodding should be IMO. Nowadays it's more like how the late 50's and early 60's probably felt to hotrodders. They maxed out their flathead Ford and all the sudden people with brand new 409's were kickin' your butt just by spending $$$$.
I see where you're coming from, just don't necessarily agree. Speed has always cost money. Older guys have always had more. Just the way it is. When I was in high school I was under no illusion that I could afford a car that was actually fast. Mine was faster than my other broke buddies' cars (not saying much), but still not fast.

Don't forget, 15 years ago was knee deep in quick imports. There were fast cars, they just looked different. There Ware regional factors too. My local high school parking lot looks like an episode of Diesel Brothers today. Probably looks different in LA or Detroit.

Reactions: 1 users
Riiiiight.

You keep on jumping to that. No arguments on the merits why paying extra mortgage payments is better than I series bonds? Just like your other thread posts... bluster, deflect, BUT never respond when called out or have facts thrown in your face.
Bring your man self here and see what you are made of, or is that too much?

I said it already, I'll buy anyone a beer on the beach here and see what they have to say.

Too brash for you?

My initial morgage rate was 3.25%, tell me why you suck at life more?

What exactly are you looking for? Should I post financial statements or just grab the ruler? I don't even like beer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Bring your man self here and see what you are made of, or is that too much?

I said it already, I'll buy anyone a beer on the beach here and see what they have to say.

Too brash for you?
Waste of time really.

You haven't proven yourself as able to debate or construct a sound argument.

What exactly is implied by "see what you are made of".... trying to pick fights?

Again... you still havent explained why paying off a 3.x% mortgage is more sound than the free profit an I series bond provides instead.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
What exactly are you looking for? Should I post financial statements or just grab the ruler? I don't even like beer.

Waste of time really.

You haven't proven yourself as able to debate or construct a sound argument.

What exactly is implied by "see what you are made of".... trying to pick fights?
Literally just stating and proving how you arm chair internet warriors are just that.
Not on me your wife took your scrotum and put it in her purse. I am more of a man.

Have a goood night eunuchs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor